Sharepoint

General IT related topics, not specfic to Jiwa

Sharepoint

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:15 pm

Ok, so it's not like we have run out of things to do, but... We've had the rare expression of interest in Webparts for Sharepoint.

I've installed and played with Sharepoint, and can see its value in an intranet solution. What sort of webparts would people like to see available with Jiwa for Sharepoint ?

Fire away!
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Re: Sharepoint

Postby nathan.mcdonald » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi Mike,

For the IT non savvy like myself, what is sharepoint and waht does it do. I can google it but it would be good to hear how you might have it work with Jiwa.

Thanks
Nath
nathan.mcdonald
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:31 pm

nathan.mcdonald wrote:what is sharepoint and waht does it do

Sharepoint is a CMS system for building intranet portals (and internet and extranet portals if desired). It's basically a bunch of web pages that allow you to easily get users publishing and collaborating information.

It's a simple (for the end-user) way of managing information such as product catalogues, price lists, debtor lists, policies, procedures, etc. It lets you have a single place for your users (employees) to go for the information they need to do their jobs.

What I was thinking was a web-part in Sharepoint to say, create a sales order, basic debtor maintenance, etc.

So, an employee could enter sales orders using Sharepoint - a web page - rather than using Jiwa directly.

Another use could be reporting - a Sharepoint webpart which shows product stock levels, or sales performance figures, etc.

Here's an example site built using Sharepoint : http://www.wssdemo.com/default.aspx
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby jiwameister » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:44 pm

How about

• run rate/scoreboard style statistics,
  • daily orders
  • MTD orders vs budgets
  • low/stock runouts
  • Quotes expiring
  • To Do elements from Jiwa
  • some nice graphs are always good
Or - create generic list, header-detail, and master record style webparts that can be configured to look up information directly.
Glenn Lake
Managing Director
Lonicera Pty Ltd
http://www.lonicera.com.au
jiwameister
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:13 pm

jiwameister wrote:How about

Keep 'em coming - I'll collate these and post a poll after we have a few suggestions to see what features the channel collectively thinks would be worth-while.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Return to General IT related topics