Form Controls in Spare Fields

Discussions relating to breakout scripting, .NET and COM programming with Jiwa objects.

Form Controls in Spare Fields

Postby Nathan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to add a form control to a spare field. I know this can be done in a custom field, but is it possible to do this in one of the spare fields?

Specifically, what I'm after is a check box for the IN_Creditor.SpareFloat1 field (similar to the Default field) so that we can tick a box in the Supply tab to indicate when a supplier has discontinued their product.

Jiwa version 6.5.12
Nathan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Form Controls in Spare Fields

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:44 pm

Nathan wrote:Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to add a form control to a spare field. I know this can be done in a custom field, but is it possible to do this in one of the spare fields?

Specifically, what I'm after is a check box for the IN_Creditor.SpareFloat1 field (similar to the Default field) so that we can tick a box in the Supply tab to indicate when a supplier has discontinued their product.

Jiwa version 6.5.12

Possible - I think so.

I take it this this is the inventory maintenance form ? add a column on form loaded to represent the column you want, hide the SpareFloat1 column and add some script to map the change / button click from the grid to set the sparefloat1 - and vice versa to display the appropriate value.

I'll try to find the time to post a solution back here, but it may be a while. If you need it expedited you can always log it through the support channel as a customisation request (which will be billed).
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby Nathan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:15 pm

Hey Mike,

No problems.

I hadn't thought of mapping a form control that way, it makes sense though.

Cheers.
Nathan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Nathan wrote:Hey Mike,

No problems.

I hadn't thought of mapping a form control that way, it makes sense though.

Cheers.

I've just had a really good crack at this, and find I'm thwarted by a few things in the object model. The ambition is for this sort of customisation to be possible, so I've logged a bug for it (bug 7388 : http://www.jiwa.com.au:81/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7388 )
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby Nathan » Tue May 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Hmm I'm glad I checked back here before trying it out for myself :|

If I get the time I will try to figure out where the hitch is, but unfortunately I haven't had much time for Jiwa customisations lately.

Have you tried setting the field value to 1 first and see if it will change it back to 0?
Nathan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Technical / Programming