Jiwa Import Queue Processing Service

Discussions relating to breakout scripting, .NET and COM programming with Jiwa objects.

Jiwa Import Queue Processing Service

Postby Nathan » Tue May 25, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi Guys,

This is something that I have known about for a long time now but I had come up with a workaround so it hadn't really bothered me.

I'm setting up the service on a new system as we are decommissioning an older one and I remembered these two quirks with the Jiwa Import Queue Processing Service.

Jiwa version 6.5.12

Firstly, there appears to be a memory leak in the Jiwa Import Queue Processing Service. If you leave it on for a while processing the import queue, the more XML data it processes, the more RAM it will use, until eventually it will use up all the system resources. In our case, during the day it would take about 3-4 hours before it would be using about 200mb of RAM, and about 2-3 days before it would be using all available RAM on the system. My fix for this was a scheduled task that ran every 2 hours to restart the service.

Secondly, I'm not sure if this is still the case but a note I had in my batch file says "a bug is causing the Initiated Date of a sales order to be overwritten with the date the service was started". Meaning, if we start the service today and leave it running all day until tomorrow, tomorrow the initiated date will be entered in as today's date. Restarting the service each day is also a fix for this issue.

Is anyone else using the Import Queue Processing Service and experiencing similar issues? Has this been fixed in a more recent build of Jiwa?
Nathan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Jiwa Import Queue Processing Service

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Nathan wrote:Firstly, there appears to be a memory leak in the Jiwa Import Queue Processing Service. If you leave it on for a while processing the import queue, the more XML data it processes, the more RAM it will use, until eventually it will use up all the system resources. In our case, during the day it would take about 3-4 hours before it would be using about 200mb of RAM, and about 2-3 days before it would be using all available RAM on the system. My fix for this was a scheduled task that ran every 2 hours to restart the service.

Your workaround is good. I've checked the bugs logged in our system and cannot see any report of this. I'll try to reproduce the problem tomorrow or next week.

Nathan wrote:Secondly, I'm not sure if this is still the case but a note I had in my batch file says "a bug is causing the Initiated Date of a sales order to be overwritten with the date the service was started". Meaning, if we start the service today and leave it running all day until tomorrow, tomorrow the initiated date will be entered in as today's date. Restarting the service each day is also a fix for this issue.

Is anyone else using the Import Queue Processing Service and experiencing similar issues? Has this been fixed in a more recent build of Jiwa?

Once again - we're not aware of this, but will test this out - anyone else reading this may like to contribute their findings.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby pricerc » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:44 am

Ok, my client is also experiencing this problem:
We have experienced exactly this. Usually takes 3-4 days of processing before it fails. Last time it happened, and after I cleared my 1700 emails, I noticed that the JIWA Import Queue Processing Service was hogging 1.6GB of memory and climbing. I have put a process in place that stops and restarts the process each night. This seems to be working.

/Ryan
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
https://aerp.co.nz
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 20

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:14 pm

pricerc wrote:Ok, my client is also experiencing this problem:
We have experienced exactly this. Usually takes 3-4 days of processing before it fails. Last time it happened, and after I cleared my 1700 emails, I noticed that the JIWA Import Queue Processing Service was hogging 1.6GB of memory and climbing. I have put a process in place that stops and restarts the process each night. This seems to be working.

/Ryan

Ok, I'll try to reproduce the issue by sending a thousand or two emails via the service and see what happens.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Technical / Programming