Class Not Registered error  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to breakout scripting, .NET and COM programming with Jiwa objects.

Class Not Registered error

Postby aegean66 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:09 pm

Developed some Outlook VBA to pull a spreadsheet from an email into JIWA. Works on a couple machines and it was all good.

Copied the code to a new machine, same specs Outlook 365 local install, windows 10 etc

Now getting class not registered error on JiwaODBC.database. Screenshot below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/157jcQM ... sp=sharing

Any ideas?
aegean66
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Topics Solved: 2

Re: Class Not Registered error

Postby Scott.Pearce » Mon May 17, 2021 4:00 pm

On a non-working machine, is the Office installation 32-bit or 64-bit?
Scott Pearce
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Jiwa Financials
Scott.Pearce
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 221

Re: Class Not Registered error  Topic is solved

Postby aegean66 » Mon May 17, 2021 5:01 pm

Ha! ... the two machines that it works on are Outlook 32 bit, whereas the one we're have a problem with is 64 bit.

I'll try to install the 32 bit instead and see how I go. If this works your a legend, thanks!
aegean66
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Scott.Pearce » Mon May 17, 2021 5:24 pm

If this works your a legend, thanks!

Legendary status coming up.
Scott Pearce
Jiwa Financials
Scott.Pearce
Senpai
Senpai

Postby aegean66 » Tue May 18, 2021 11:54 am

I don't know how I mark you as legendary but try this;

<Legendary> Scott </Legendary>

Appreciate it!
aegean66
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Scott.Pearce » Tue May 18, 2021 11:55 am

No worries.
Scott Pearce
Jiwa Financials
Scott.Pearce
Senpai
Senpai

Postby aegean66 » Wed May 19, 2021 5:44 pm

Hi Scott,

Just have one question. Obviously we need to upgrade to the latest JIWA 7 (which we started talking about years ago).

Our business is seasonal, so for us it will be a Winter job May/June or so. So I think we'll plan for 2022.

That's a bit beside the point, obviously JIWA has changed its breakouts etc. and is a totally different beast in that regard.

I am NOT a programmer (I work things out on the fly) I have created scripts to import spreadsheets, activate SQL statements within VBS both within JIWA and Outlook VBA. I will look up code on JIWA or other forums and fiddle until it works. I have a good handle on Access and its VBA.

Can you recommend a source of education (given my skillset) which might enable me to pick up enough to do some customisations (obviously we will lose what we have done to date).

Cheers.
aegean66
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Scott.Pearce » Thu May 20, 2021 10:00 am

You need to grab a book that gives you an intro to c# (and you will have to drop the "typeless" mindset that VBScript would have given you). Then, you will need a crash course on how our plugin framework operates - I'm not seeing any good introductory documentation on this so I may have to create some, or schedule an online meeting with you to give you a quick run though.

You could also gain some insights by installing Jiwa 7 with demo data, and having a fiddle with some of the standard plugins. There are also heaps of plugin examples here on the forums. But I fear you will need that initial plugin framework run-through before it clicks and makes sense.
Scott Pearce
Jiwa Financials
Scott.Pearce
Senpai
Senpai

Postby aegean66 » Thu May 20, 2021 12:57 pm

Thanks Scott. Will see what I can manage :)
aegean66
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby pricerc » Sun May 23, 2021 9:30 pm

Scott.Pearce wrote:You need to grab a book that gives you an intro to c#

Or, if you're competent with VBA (as opposed to the VBScript of Jiwa 6 breakouts), VB.NET may be more approachable. At least it still has all the right words instead of endless punctuation. But it is different enough that some people prefer to go from VBA/VBscript to C#. YMMV.

Scott.Pearce wrote:and you will have to drop the "typeless" mindset that VBScript would have given you.

This would be true of VB.NET as well.

Scott.Pearce wrote:Then, you will need a crash course on how our plugin framework operates - I'm not seeing any good introductory documentation on this so I may have to create some

That would have been handy about four or five years ago :P when I first started tackling a not-insignificant upgrade to 7.0.157...

Scott.Pearce wrote:You could also gain some insights by installing Jiwa 7 with demo data, and having a fiddle with some of the standard plugins. There are also heaps of plugin examples here on the forums. But I fear you will need that initial plugin framework run-through before it clicks and makes sense.

I second this.

The biggest things to get your head around, I think:

1) Custom data belongs to a plugin. And you set up custom fields in the plugin maintenance screen, not by running a dodgy SQL script.

2) Plugins are long-lived, and you have to restart Jiwa when you change a plugin. You can't just edit a breakout in the sales order screen, restart the screen and test the breakout.

If I had to pick my favourite feature of plugins vs breakouts, it would be that a single plugin can be shared by multiple different screens and/or business objects. So where you may have needed several copies of a piece of VBScript that needed to live in several breakouts, you would only code that once in a plugin, and then reference that code in all the different places that you need it. So that if your business logic changes, you only have to update one place.
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
https://aerp.co.nz
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 20

Return to Technical / Programming