Issue in Windows 2012 server (64 bit)

Discussions relating to breakout scripting, .NET and COM programming with Jiwa objects.

Issue in Windows 2012 server (64 bit)

Postby senthil » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Dear Support ,

we are moving vb.net JIWA API application from 2003 server to windows 2012 server(64 bit). But I am getting this error in the sales order processing
Error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
With jwJiwaSalesOrder
.Clear()
.LogicalID = CurrWarehouseID (Error we are getting)

Application Version : 6.5.13
Database Version : 6.5.13
Interop.JiwaSalesOrder.dll Version :1.4.0.0

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards
Senthilnathan
senthil
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Issue in Windows 2012 server (64 bit)

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:09 am

senthil wrote:Dear Support ,

we are moving vb.net JIWA API application from 2003 server to windows 2012 server(64 bit). But I am getting this error in the sales order processing
Error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
With jwJiwaSalesOrder
.Clear()
.LogicalID = CurrWarehouseID (Error we are getting)

Application Version : 6.5.13
Database Version : 6.5.13
Interop.JiwaSalesOrder.dll Version :1.4.0.0

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards
Senthilnathan

Hi Senthil,

What type is "jwJiwaSalesOrder"? Can you show the declaration for me. I ask this because you mention it is "sales order processing" that you are having trouble with - and we have an object for sales order entry business logic, one for sales order entry user interface, one for sales order processing, and one for sales order batch processing - I need to know which one. Once I know this I will create a test application and try this on Windows Server 2012 x64.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Postby senthil » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi Mike,

This is the Declaration which we are using

Private jwDatabase As JiwaODBC.database
Public jwJiwaLib As JiwaLib.StdFunctions
Public jwJiwaCommonLib As JiwaCommonLib.stdFunctions

Public jwJiwaSalesOrder As JiwaSalesOrder.clsSalesOrder
Public jwJiwaSalesOrderPayment As JiwaSalesOrder.clsPayment
Public jwJiwaSalesOrderPrintLog As JiwaSalesOrder.clsPrintLog

also please find attached "Object Browser" structure.

Thanks & Regards
Senthilnathan
Attachments
Object Browser.png
Object Browser.png (25.01 KiB) Viewed 4547 times
senthil
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:26 am

Hi Senthil,

I'll setup a Windows Server 2012 (not R2) x64 environment and begin testing.

In the meantime, can you tell me if the sales order object (jwJiwaSalesOrder in your provided code) has had its Database property set to a valid and connected JiwaODBC.Database instance before you set the LogicalID property of the jwJiwaSalesOrder object (which is where your error occurs).

It would be great if you could provide some sample code which demonstrates the problem - it will save us both a lot of time.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby senthil » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi Mike,

Yes we have setup with valid JIWA connection,which is passed the connection open line.also
we have created the object
in the line no 109 (class name Module1.vb)
jwJiwaSalesOrder = New JiwaSalesOrder.clsSalesOrderClass

but we are getting the Error in assign the LogicalID ( Line No 445)
.LogicalID = CurrWarehouseID

Please find attached the project .the Main Class is Module1.vb (Note: i am not attached reference DLLs. it is take more than 250 kb)

for your information:

initially the application compiled as any CPU but we deploy in the 2012 server and we got this error
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {8E959D41-51F5-4545-B481-0A509877E527} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
after that i compiled as "32 bit".also all DLLs register using Regsvr32 in the server. after that the above errors are gone.but now i am getting this error
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt in line no 445.

Please advice.

thanks & Regards
Senthilnathan
senthil
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:48 pm

senthil wrote:initially the application compiled as any CPU but we deploy in the 2012 server and we got this error
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {8E959D41-51F5-4545-B481-0A509877E527} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
after that i compiled as "32 bit".also all DLLs register using Regsvr32 in the server. after that the above errors are gone.but now i am getting this error
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt in line no 445.

Please advice.

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for the project - I see a few issues right away, but not immediately relating to your reported problem. I will have to pull bits out of your project and into a new one for me to test, as your project is version VS 2005, not compatible with my environment here (VS 2013) and I'm not willing to setup a dev environment for VS 2005. I also see references to classes in there which are much older than 06.05.13 of Jiwa and give me compile errors - specifically references to JiwaCreditors.StdFunctions - as a guess I'd say that was the 06.04.xx series of Jiwa this code was built against.

Using x86 as the target platform was the correct thing to do - but your issues with COM registry entries being absent and them being resolved by using Regsvr32 to register them causing the problems to go away - You do have Jiwa installed on both the development machine and the target server, right ? and they are both 06.05.13 ?

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby senthil » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:58 pm

Dear Mike,

please find the following dlls (version) which we are using to run the Application .

JiwaODBC.dll (6.4.109.14)
JiwaCommonLib.dll (6.5.661.13)
JiwaSalesOrder.dll ((6.4.109.14)
Interop.JiwaODBC.dll (1.1.0.0)
Interop.JiwaCommonLib.dll(1.2.0.0)
Interop.JiwaSalesOrder.dll(1.4.0.0)

Thanks & Regards
Senthilnathan
senthil
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:51 am

senthil wrote:Dear Mike,

please find the following dlls (version) which we are using to run the Application .

JiwaODBC.dll (6.4.109.14)
JiwaCommonLib.dll (6.5.661.13)
JiwaSalesOrder.dll ((6.4.109.14)
Interop.JiwaODBC.dll (1.1.0.0)
Interop.JiwaCommonLib.dll(1.2.0.0)
Interop.JiwaSalesOrder.dll(1.4.0.0)

Thanks & Regards
Senthilnathan

Senthil,

This has become apparent to me this is not a case of the application simply being moved from one server to another - if this application was working with Jiwa 06.05.13 then the source code you supplied does not match that. I can't compile your application without removing references to old interfaces - so I suspect the source code you have is much older than the currently deployed application.

It's probably best for the customer to upgrade to Jiwa 7 and the custom application re-written or implemented as a Jiwa 7 Plugin.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby senthil » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:12 am

Dear Mike,

we have installed Jiwa 7 in my development Environment (Windows 7 64 bit PC) and when I am try add JIWA 7 ODBC.dll in my Reference it says "The system cannot find the reference specified" Please find attached image .may I know is there any Interop.JIWAODBC.dll version available for JIWA 7 Development Environment?
Please advice.
Attachments
Reference.png
senthil
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:05 am

senthil wrote:Dear Mike,

we have installed Jiwa 7 in my development Environment (Windows 7 64 bit PC) and when I am try add JIWA 7 ODBC.dll in my Reference it says "The system cannot find the reference specified" Please find attached image .may I know is there any Interop.JIWAODBC.dll version available for JIWA 7 Development Environment?
Please advice.

No - there are no COM interop assemblies for version 7 - you should be using the .NET assemblies instead.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Next

Return to Technical / Programming