SO XML to adjust qty on existing orders

Discussions relating to breakout scripting, .NET and COM programming with Jiwa objects.

SO XML to adjust qty on existing orders

Postby DannyC » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi,

As part of a warehouse management system implementation, we are using XML files to update sales orders after an order has been picked.
When a sales order line is non-serialised, the <QuantityThisDel> tag gets updated with the adjusted picked quantity. No problems there. The difference between the ordered qty and QtyThisDel just goes to backorder.

The problem is when an item is serialised, the QtyThisDel tag is not adjusting.
I have 3 scenarios I need to deal with
1. Serialised item has a Qty Ordered = 1 and the XML is returned with QtyThisDel = 0 i.e nothiing delivered
2. Serialised item has a Qty Ordered > 1 and QtyThisDel < Qty Ordered, so some lines in SO_LineDetails need to be either deleted or adjusted
3. Serialised item has a different serial number picked by warehouse staff than what Jiwa says.

Can I deal with those scenarios via the incoming XML file? It is actually a CSV file. I am using stored procs to convert into XML as per standard CSV import functionality.

Cheers

Danny
DannyC
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 30

Re: SO XML to adjust qty on existing orders

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:01 am

DannyC wrote:The problem is when an item is serialised, the QtyThisDel tag is not adjusting.

Hi Danny,

This is probably because serialised items by default don't use FIFO and require the LineDetails to be supplied.

You can either provide the LineDetails section within each sales order line, or provide the processing instruction to force serialised stock to use FIFO.

To force FIFO on serialised items add to each line the following tag:

Code: Select all
<SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionTypes>1</SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionTypes>

The value of 1 represents FIFO, a value of 0 represents from line details.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: SO XML to adjust qty on existing orders

Postby DannyC » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:10 am

That's sweet!
That has sorted out the first 2 issues.

Thanks a heap.

Cheers
DannyC
Senpai