JiwaCSVImport.exe questions and issues

Discussions relating to breakout scripting, .NET and COM programming with Jiwa objects.

JiwaCSVImport.exe questions and issues

Postby DannyC » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:35 pm

Mike and/or Scott,

I have a client with a warehouse management system integrating to Jiwa via file transfers to & fro. The WMS is a Linux based system.

When an order is picked, their WMS sends a CSV file back to Jiwa with the picked quantities and changes the EDIStatus flag to "Picked".

Via Jiwa Scheduled Scripts, all picked orders are processed which fires every 3 minutes.

Their volumes are around 300 to 450 orders per day, so it is a fairly heavy workload. Some orders can be several hundred lines, maybe around 300 to 400.

Problems:
They have advised that intermittent orders seems to get lines duplicated. This has been happening since they went live last November, happens just a handful of times a week. As an example, an order with 3 lines would be updated with the picked qtys and suddenly the order shows 4 lines - one of the lines has been duplicated. The order gets processed with the extra line. They need to go through the mess of crediting that order. The CSV file coming from the WMS is valid - it has the relevant 3 lines.

Intermittently, the Quantity Ordered gets zeroed. It may happen on all the lines or just a few but the Quantity This Del is correctly updated. The whole order gets messed up because the line totals in the table do not show valid values and SO_LineDetails is not populated at all for those lines, so not only has the order not processed with correct values, but they cannot reprint the invoice as it uses values from SO_LineDetails.

An invoice is shipped with the goods, so when their WMS system sends the CSV to Jiwa with updated picked quantities, an invoice is produced immediately.
The printing of the invoice happens outside of Jiwa via a Crystal command-line utility after a wait period of a few seconds (up to 90 seconds). That happens because I am not aware of any functionality which will allow automation of invoice printing.
Is it possible to automatically print the invoice after the order has been updated somehow within or via Jiwa?

Related to q. 3, for large orders, Jiwa has not fully completed updating the order by the time the invoice is generated so what gets produced is not entirely accurate with the true quantities of shipped items.
This poses huge issues for the client and they are finding they spending too much time "fixing up" orders which have had the incorrect invoice shipped with the goods.
4 i) Once the CSV conversion stored proc has generated the XML file, I am assuming JiwaCSVImport.EXE uses the XML file to update Jiwa. Is there any way to know when an order has fully completed updating? It is at this point when an invoice should be printed. They are finding that large orders may take well in excess of 90 seconds to update so getting the timing of the invoice right is extremely important.
4 ii) When JiwaCSVImport.EXE fires and updates an order is it done one by one or can Jiwa be updating a few invoices at the same time? The question relates to large orders - does Jiwa need to wait for large orders to finish updating before the next order is handled & updated?

I understand that your resources are geared towards Jiwa 7 and getting a resolution to the above issues may not be immediate however they are a huge concern for my client and they see them as quite urgent issues which need prompt attention.

Thanks guys
DannyC
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 30

Return to Technical / Programming