Utility to Import Debtor Notes

Discussions relating to breakout scripting, .NET and COM programming with Jiwa objects.

Utility to Import Debtor Notes

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:43 pm

Attached is a simple little tool to import debtor notes which I had to write recently for a new customer.

It's an Excel 2003 sheet which uses VBA to use our objects to import the notes. You just load the notes into the sheet, and click the import button and it'll rip through and import the notes.

If it encounters a note type that doesn't exist, it will create one with the supplied description.

It resolves the note type from the description, and the staff memeber from the first name surname combination.

Any notes that fail to import (say, the staff member could not be found), it highlights those rows in red, and puts a fail reason note on the line.

You can then address the failures (ie: create missing staff members, or adjust the data), and then re-import - it will only import new notes or those that failed since the last import.

I hope someone finds it useful!
Attachments
DebtorNotesImport.rar
Excel 2003 workbook to import debtor notes.
(40.37 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Technical / Programming