Manufacturing Requisitions - enhancements

Discussions relating to version the "old" version 7 of Jiwa

Manufacturing Requisitions - enhancements

Postby beth.blok » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:42 pm

The ability to add non physical items to Manufacturing Requisitions is a feature of Jiwa Financials

What is also needed is:
* the ability to allocate these items to WIP
* the ability to edit the cost of the item in the requisition form - it currently uses the Last Cost from the inventory item at the time of activation
beth.blok
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Manufacturing Requisitions - enhancements

Postby SBarnes » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:28 pm

One other handy thing is BOM requisitions would be the ability to handle, track and account for wastage that might happen in the manufacturing process.

By this I mean if in building a hundred of item X we use 2 of item A in each SKU i.e 200 of A but say ten of item A were damaged in the process or were faulty it would be good to offer the facility to either apportion this waste either over the goods produced or to some other area such as a GL account.

Another handy feature would also be to have a date by which a requisition was required.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Manufacturing Requisitions - enhancements

Postby Danny C » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:00 am

I agree about wastage. A few of my clients build into their BoM manufacturing an allowance for wastage but it is all a bit hit & miss.

Not sure how you'd implement it, but maybe have an extra column/field on the component grid which might be 'wastage' (a percentage value) defaulting to 0, but can be manually entered as 5%, 10% or whatever.
The full usage of the component would need to include both the actual product & the percentage for wastage. The wastage may need to go to a different GL account such as write offs.

Thinking about it a bit further, it's really only applicable to components with decimal quantities. i.e lengths of pipe or hose or kilos of flour.

cheers

Danny
Danny C
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Archived - Jiwa 7