Enhancement request - Manage Grids

Discussions relating to version the "old" version 7 of Jiwa

Enhancement request - Manage Grids

Postby Danny C » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:37 pm

A common complaint from my clients is their custom column information doesn't stay, even though Use Custom Columns is ticked for that form. It might stay for a few hours or days, even a few weeks. But then inexplicably they disappear & they need to reconfigure the custom cols.

You need to find a better way to do it so that's it is much more stable.

Cheers

Danny
Danny C
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Enhancement request - Manage Grids

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Danny C wrote:A common complaint from my clients is their custom column information doesn't stay, even though Use Custom Columns is ticked for that form. It might stay for a few hours or days, even a few weeks. But then inexplicably they disappear & they need to reconfigure the custom cols.

You need to find a better way to do it so that's it is much more stable.

Cheers

Danny

The problem seems to arise from the form saving away the custom information even before it is read. When a form closes, it writes aways the customised grid column info - but it does this even if the form failed to load properly and never read the custom grid column info in the first place.

So, we've introduced a "trial" bit of code in sales orders to prevent this in 06.05.13. If proven successful, we'll roll it out to other forms.

As for Version 7 and how it handles this ? At this point all I can say is I don't think this will be an issue.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Return to Archived - Jiwa 7