Report Security

Discussions relating to version the "old" version 7 of Jiwa

Report Security

Postby SBarnes » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:44 pm

One thing that it would be handy to be able to do when version 7 is released in to restrict access to the inbuilt reports or to any added custom reports. In version 6.5.13 you can not do this any user for example can run a report that accesses confidential information related to a business such as Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet or any report with Cash at bank information.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Report Security

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:42 pm

SBarnes wrote:One thing that it would be handy to be able to do when version 7 is released in to restrict access to the inbuilt reports or to any added custom reports. In version 6.5.13 you can not do this any user for example can run a report that accesses confidential information related to a business such as Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet or any report with Cash at bank information.

I think you can do this in version 6.5.x

If you create a SQL user - say named "JiwaFinancialManagement" and allow read access to ALL tables, you can associate that SQL user to cetain users.

The "normal" SQL user "JiwaReports" you can remove the sensitive tables from the read access.

Then just associate jiwa users with the appropriate SQL user for their "Reporting" SQL credentials in the staff maintenance.

When a user who is not intended to be able to run the "sensitive" reports tries to run on, they will not render and instead receive a SQL permission error.

If this explanation is still not clear, I can post a step-by-step guide with screenshots.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Return to Archived - Jiwa 7