Notifications & Alerts

Discussions relating to version the "old" version 7 of Jiwa

Notifications & Alerts

Postby jiwameister » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:56 pm

I think that a great feature to add which will have a huge impact is notifications based on events or conditions.

For example - events such as stock levels reaching a trigger point, or back orders being older than a specified age. Other notifications could be to do with credits being issued, or goods arriving in the warehouse.

To make this work really well - it could have two levels, one being pre-designed templates (known events with configurable options) and the other level being almost SQL expression driven for just about any form of enquiry.

For the technical side - it might be simply some triggers, or it could be using SQL Notification services.

I would like to see - internal notifications (ie like the current todo system and alerts), smtp, sms.
Glenn Lake
Managing Director
Lonicera Pty Ltd
http://www.lonicera.com.au
jiwameister
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Notifications & Alerts

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:23 am

jiwameister wrote:I think that a great feature to add which will have a huge impact is notifications based on events or conditions.

For example - events such as stock levels reaching a trigger point, or back orders being older than a specified age. Other notifications could be to do with credits being issued, or goods arriving in the warehouse.

To make this work really well - it could have two levels, one being pre-designed templates (known events with configurable options) and the other level being almost SQL expression driven for just about any form of enquiry.

For the technical side - it might be simply some triggers, or it could be using SQL Notification services.

I would like to see - internal notifications (ie like the current todo system and alerts), smtp, sms.

Great idea - and a beefed-up to-do's was already on our radar - but you raise some good points.

Alerts based on predefined criteria would be fantastic feature - perhaps we could even extend that and have automated processes being actioned, as well as just alerts - such as bin replenishments being created and assigned to warehouse staff if bin levels drop below a certain threshold - for instance.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Re: Notifications & Alerts

Postby SBarnes » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:36 pm

This would also be handy if it could also

1. Run a breakout script which would open up a greate deal of fleixibility for customization.

2. Call an external program or process

As either of these could be helpful in terms of integration to other systems and with EDI to customers and creditors.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Return to Archived - Jiwa 7