Approvals and Limits

Discussions relating to version the "old" version 7 of Jiwa

Approvals and Limits

Postby jiwameister » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:08 pm

Another feature I think would be very useful, and would assist in solving companies real-world needs is the concept of document approvals.

I guess there are no real limit to which documents it could be applied to, but examples would be:
    Purchase Orders (Based on Order Value)
    Sales Orders (Invoice total)
    Credit Notes (Credit size)

The approval process could work within the existing ToDo process (or my other suggestion of notifications) and would prevent a user from exceeding their authorisation limits. People who have higher authorised limits could approve the document (ie activate to commit it etc).

In this way, you could have purchase order requisitions as a new feature as a user with 0 limit could enter the purchase order document, but not turn it into a committed purchase order (or print it etc).
Glenn Lake
Managing Director
Lonicera Pty Ltd
http://www.lonicera.com.au
jiwameister
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Approvals and Limits

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:26 am

jiwameister wrote:Another feature I think would be very useful, and would assist in solving companies real-world needs is the concept of document approvals.

I guess there are no real limit to which documents it could be applied to, but examples would be:
    Purchase Orders (Based on Order Value)
    Sales Orders (Invoice total)
    Credit Notes (Credit size)

The approval process could work within the existing ToDo process (or my other suggestion of notifications) and would prevent a user from exceeding their authorisation limits. People who have higher authorised limits could approve the document (ie activate to commit it etc).

In this way, you could have purchase order requisitions as a new feature as a user with 0 limit could enter the purchase order document, but not turn it into a committed purchase order (or print it etc).

Another great idea. I was thinking of this a while back and thought of windows workflow foundation (WWF) as being the underlying tech.

Even if we don't use WWF, we could probably satisfy the 80/20 rule with some basic rules built in - as you suggested.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Archived - Jiwa 7