More on Stock Allocations

Discussions relating to version the "old" version 7 of Jiwa

More on Stock Allocations

Postby jiwameister » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi, Further to my previous post on not allocating stock until its picked - It would also be useful to have bin locations that "reserve" or make otherwise unavailable for sale the items within.

Eg - Inwards goods locations that can stop people trying to sell that stock until its available. Similar concept for QA and Damaged Goods etc.

You might argue that logical warehouses might achieve the same result, which is true - however it complicates stock movements, orders and receipts when using multiple warehouses.

It would better suit most businesses' rules if you could have certain bin locations that were not available for sale.

Other suggestions welcome.
Glenn Lake
Managing Director
Lonicera Pty Ltd
http://www.lonicera.com.au
jiwameister
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: More on Stock Allocations

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:32 pm

jiwameister wrote:Hi, Further to my previous post on not allocating stock until its picked - It would also be useful to have bin locations that "reserve" or make otherwise unavailable for sale the items within.
Other suggestions welcome.

We do have this feature "by default" in v7... anyone (Jiwa or 3rd parties) can indicate either a pool quantity (ie: 7 - I don't know which 7, but 7) or a specific quantity (X of these items in Bin Y, or X of item with serial No. "abc") are flagged as used.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Return to Archived - Jiwa 7