Customer Profiling and Customer Features Matrix

Discussions relating to version the "old" version 7 of Jiwa

Customer Profiling and Customer Features Matrix

Postby SBarnes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:57 pm

One feature that would be handy if could appear in Version Seven would be the ability to capture a series of features / key pieces of information with regards to individual customers and also do this with the contacts / buyers held on each debtor that could be defined per Jiwa database.

Whilst it may be possible to acheive this currently through custom fields this functionality does not exist at the individual contact level nor does it exist in terms of historical data capture by this I mean the equivalent of what might have been the snap shotted values for this data at a given point in time.

In addition to this the current custom fields are mutually exclusive, i.e. you can't link between fields to say for example that if field B has a value then field F also has a value. What I am suggesting would be the equivalent of children or dependents to a given custom field.

It would then also be of value if you could then extract data in relation to the value of these fields at both the debtor and individual contact level.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Customer Profiling and Customer Features Matrix

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:10 pm

SBarnes wrote:...the ability to capture a series of features / key pieces of information with regards to individual customers and also do this with the contacts / buyers held on each debtor that could be defined per Jiwa database.

...historical data capture by this I mean the equivalent of what might have been the snap shotted values for this data at a given point in time.

I *think* I know what you are talking about - are you familiar with the debtor systems feature ? it sounds like you want that, but also with a temporal dimension for the values.

Sound right ?
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Postby SBarnes » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi Mike,

What is the debtors System feature? And how do you use its functionality?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue May 04, 2010 8:18 pm

SBarnes wrote:Hi Mike,

What is the debtors System feature? And how do you use its functionality?

Stuart,

It is a licence protected module, so you need to have that enabled - I checked your rego and you don't have it - So you'll have to have a play on demo data (it is enabled on demo data).

Under the debtor menu, there is a menu option called "Debtor System Templates" - this is where you define a "debtor system" - ie: a name and all the fields associated with the system.

Once you one or more debtor systems defined and enabled, The debtor maintenance form has a tab called "Debtor Systems" under the "Customer Activities" tab. There you can add debtor systems to a debtor, and assign the values to the fields.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Return to Archived - Jiwa 7