Tax rate effective dates

Discussions relating to version the "old" version 7 of Jiwa

Tax rate effective dates

Postby pricerc » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Highlighted by the NZ government's decision to change the GST rate in a couple of months.

It would be really cool to be able to specify a future new rate as soon as the information becomes available, and have it automatically pick the correct rate for a transaction based on the transaction date.

Would require less coordination with clients to ensure they get the correct rates working on the right day.

I imagine it would work in a similar fashion to the FX system (only not changing as much).

/Ryan.
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
https://aerp.co.nz
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 20

Re: Tax rate effective dates

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:43 pm

pricerc wrote:Highlighted by the NZ government's decision to change the GST rate in a couple of months.

It would be really cool to be able to specify a future new rate as soon as the information becomes available, and have it automatically pick the correct rate for a transaction based on the transaction date.

Would require less coordination with clients to ensure they get the correct rates working on the right day.

I imagine it would work in a similar fashion to the FX system (only not changing as much).

/Ryan.

Ryan,

Yep - I had a "war room" meeting a couple of weeks back over this. My thoughts at the end were precisely the same as yours - add to version 7 the ability to add new tax rates seamlessly.

Kinda tricky, though - the NZ legislation says the new tax rates are to be based on the date of delivery - not sale - so there's some thought needed on when the new rate applies - some customisable logic - so you can handle either invoice or delivery date, or some other date the bean counters dream up :)
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Return to Archived - Jiwa 7