Inventory As At Reporting - Quantity and Dollar Value

Discussions relating to version the "old" version 7 of Jiwa

Inventory As At Reporting - Quantity and Dollar Value

Postby beth.blok » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Changes to the inventory need to cater for the ability to report as at on he Inventory. Currently price changes to inventory records are not tracked -e.g

01/07/08 Receive in 100 at 100.00
15/08/08 Purchase Invoice at 125.00
19/09/08 Update Cost Price Change to 115.00

The IN_SOH record only shows the latest cost of 115.00. As At reporting on 1 July reports cost of 115.00 not 100.00

This is further compounded when part of the stock is sold or transferred before/after each of these changes
beth.blok
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Inventory As At Reporting - Quantity and Dollar Value

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:11 pm

Will be accounted for in V7.

Inventory transactions will be truely transactional - ie: each adjustment will be a new transactions (ala debtors, creditors and GL currently).

So, Inventory value as-at will be a no-brainer, reporting-wise.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby jspohio » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:27 pm

The only time clients really need this report is when they do a full stock take.
Cannot the stocktake module change so that it records the cost price of the the items in the stock take file even if that is nor variance, so that the file can be reproduce when and if required by Accountants.

At year financial year end I get my clients to run a stocktake and save and activate even if they do not do a stocktake.

I am extending this is larger clients to do on monthly basis.

Regards
Richard Collins
jspohio
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby SBarnes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:15 am

Whilst I agree with all the comments made about issues to do with inventory as at reporting, one other issue that needs to be considered is also the inventory control reporting.

Currently you can only run it as the present date which means that when you do your end of year processing you can only get a snapshot at that point in time, if anything changes after the fact you can not prove that inventory is reconciled to the GL, it would be hand if the control report could work the same as the debtor and creditor versions ie given year and period range.

Stuart Barnes.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Return to Archived - Jiwa 7