Request for comment : Permissions

Discussions relating to version the "old" version 7 of Jiwa

Request for comment : Permissions

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Attached is a design document for the permissionswe are building for version 7.

Please, download the document (it's a Word 2007 document), and leave any feedback - suggestions, criticisms (or praise!) here.
Attachments
Permissions.rar
(60.75 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: Request for comment : Permissions

Postby SBarnes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi Mike,

I have had a read through your permissions document and particularly like your concept of wysiwyg concept as it will be easier to understand than trying to understand the current model.

One suggested addition might be the ability to create templates for each screen and then have ability to create groups to which a user could belong to make applying permissions easier.

Another possiblity would be for this to be a way to create custom fields and where they are placed on the form.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Request for comment : Permissions

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:23 pm

SBarnes wrote:One suggested addition might be the ability to create templates for each screen and then have ability to create groups to which a user could belong to make applying permissions easier.

Great idea... we are introducing "User Groups", so things like the traditional user profile settings, etc can be assigned to a group and the user inherits the settings from the group(s) to which they belong.

We'll see how we can make managing permissions more manageable within the new groups model.

Another possiblity would be for this to be a way to create custom fields and where they are placed on the form.

We haven't considered form customisations at this point, but I agree if or when we did do it, you'd want to control is from a group level.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Archived - Jiwa 7