Login to Jiwa

Find general Jiwa support here.

Login to Jiwa

Postby starry » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 am

Hi,

I have problem login to Jiwa which sometimes it occurs but sometimes not. The problem occurs when I enter my user name and password, then Jiwa.exe error message pops up. Message is "Jiwa.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" Select either "Send Error Report" or "Don't Send".

When click on What Data does this error report contain? Here is the message "Error Signature":
AppName: jiwa.exe AppVer: 6.5.661.13 AppStamp:4a6689f1
ModName: msvbvm60.dll ModVer: 6.0.96.90 ModStamp:3ef274f8
fDebug: 0 Offset: 00034530

We are using citrix as our client server. When it happens, I have to logout from the server and try my luck to log back in again, which is a hassle.

Need help on this matter and thank you in advance for helping :)
starry
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Login to Jiwa

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:57 am

starry wrote:"Jiwa.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" Select either "Send Error Report" or "Don't Send".

When click on What Data does this error report contain? Here is the message "Error Signature":
AppName: jiwa.exe AppVer: 6.5.661.13 AppStamp:4a6689f1
ModName: msvbvm60.dll ModVer: 6.0.96.90 ModStamp:3ef274f8
fDebug: 0 Offset: 00034530

This is just the generic app crash message given by windows.

What operating system are you using ?
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby starry » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks for replying.

The OS we used is Windows 2000 sp4.

Is that mean that the system is generating the error to open Jiwa application rather than Jiwa itself?
starry
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:11 pm

starry wrote:Thanks for replying.

The OS we used is Windows 2000 sp4.

Is that mean that the system is generating the error to open Jiwa application rather than Jiwa itself?

There's not really a simple answer to this.

Just to clarify -

On your Windows 2000 SP4 server, running Citrix (version info unknown), when logging into Jiwa 06.05.13 (I know appver 6.5.661.13 is actually our version 06.05.13) you get an error "Jiwa.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

We ceased support for Windows 2000 some time ago (Hey - it's 10 years old!) - but I don't know for sure if this is the cause of your problem.

In any case, we cannot support you on Windows 2000 - you must upgrade - I suggest Windows 2008 R2. If you have hardware capable of 64bit (x64) versions of Windows 2008 R2, then I recommend that.

I would really like to help you out and try to get Jiwa running on your OS, but the reality is we can only support a fixed small number of operating systems - or our testing and support becomes quite unmanageable. Also obtaining legacy operating system environments and the labor skills required to support it is getting quite difficult.

I see only one option available to you - Upgrade to Windows Server 2008 R2.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Core Product Support