Versions available after HotFixes

Find general Jiwa support here.

Versions available after HotFixes

Postby Ron » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:10 pm

A released version say 60509 if there are problems corrected and issued to other JSP's / customers can those be incorporated into an updated build so we do not have to keep repeating a load and applying hot fixes
This could be made available on the website for download

Ron Lake
Ron
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Versions available after HotFixes

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Ron wrote:so we do not have to keep repeating a load and applying hot fixes

I agree the current method of deploying hot-fixes doesn't work. It's too easy to lose track of what hot-fixes are deployed at which customer sites or machines, and the Windows Installer auto-reverting to the original files makes it a rather frustrating.

Having a valid installation package, that you could run and have it update Windows Installer's manifest would be nice.

We'll investigate how we can deploy hot-fixes / service packs.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:46 pm

Okay, we have our first installable hot-fix for 06.05.12, which should address the problems voiced by the channel with the difficulties in hot-fixing.

Hot-Fix #1 for 06.05.12 is a little installation package that patches 2 files to address the bugs this hot-fix addresses.

It's easier to deploy than hot-fixes we've issued previously, because it's an installation package that you run and it knows where to find the files and update them.

It also can be un-installed - it appears under control panel in the add/remove programs.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:17 pm

This post may be a little premature, but I'd like to at least let everyone know that we hear your concerns and actively seek solutions to them.

Ron mentioned at the JSP 2008 conference that the Hot-Fixes for a particular version needing to be installed in addition to the full release version was a problem, in terms of resources.

Well, it looks like Hot-Fix #3 for 06.05.12 will be able to be offered as either a separate package to install on top of 06.05.12 (hot fix 1, 2 or none) AND as a 06.05.12 Hot-Fix #3 applied full install.

This means you can bring existing installations up to Hot-Fix #3 by simply installing the Hot-Fix #3 on top of 06.05.12 (as Hot-Fix #1 and #2 did) OR for complete new installs, you can install the complete 06.05.12 with Hot-Fix #3 already applied.

Like I said, this may be premature - we've built build #1 of Hot-Fix #3, but have not yet passed the full install of 06.05.12 with Hot-Fix #3 applied yet... barring any problems, it looks like we get to keep everyone happy with 06.05.12 Hot-Fix #3.

Oh, and yes - there will be a .MSI - so group policy deployments can make use of this :)
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:44 pm

Well, we've done it !

See here : http://www.jiwa.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=84

See - we do listen!
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby Ron » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:23 pm

Thanks for that
Ron
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to Core Product Support