Landed Cost - import costs double expensed

Find general Jiwa support here.

Landed Cost - import costs double expensed

Postby Rhys.C » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:38 am

I've got an unusual issue that's affecting a number of our invoices. Some of our import cost are being expensed/apportioned twice.

Example highlighted in yellow in the attached image (summary of journals generated from shipment). Also attached are the inventory classification-GL mappings for the imported goods.
Screenshot 2022-12-21 101052.png

Inventory Classifications.png

In this shipment I suspect a lot of the received goods were used in builds and/or sold shortly after receipt (likely before all import costs were entered/invoiced/apportioned).

We have three invoice costs:
i) Customs Disbursement Charge $201.00. This appears to be apportioned correctly, presumably while most of the inventory is still on hand (e.g. most of the costs are apportioned to the inventory accounts and only $8.50 is expensed to COGS as a variance). That said, only $200.74 is cleared out of our shipment costs clearing account, and a small amount is written off to stock adjustments.
ii) Freight cost - main issue here. $10,854.76 is invoiced. This amount is mostly expensed to COGS as a variance with $1,313 apportioned to inventory. At the same time, almost the exact amount is written off to stock adjustments, putting the shipment cost clearance account into credit by this amount.
iii) Destination Port Charges appears to apportion correctly.

Has anyone encountered this before? Any ideas? Bug or 1D10T user error?
Rhys.C
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Landed Cost - import costs double expensed

Postby MoniHolliday » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:38 pm

Hi Rhys

As this is not a technical/programming issue you will need to load a ticket on our support service desk.

Thanks,
Monica
MoniHolliday
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby beth.blok » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:42 pm

Hi Reese - please log with one on our Helpdesk system and it will be attended to as soon as possible.

Follow copy and paste this link to register and log the request - https://jiwa.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ ... src=search

Thank you

Beth Blok
beth.blok
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Rhys.C » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:37 pm

Okay, thanks both. I'm not sure if I've signed up for the helpdesk previously but it says "Signup is not currently available", if I try to reset password it says it's sent a link to my email address but I don't receive anything. Nothing in my junk mail.
Rhys.C
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby MoniHolliday » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:43 pm

Hi Rhys,

My apologies, our service desk has been migrated recently and that link is no longer valid.
If you could send me your email address then I can set you up on our helpdesk provided you already have an Atlassian account. All users are required to have their own personal Atlassian account.

You can sign up using the below link.
https://id.atlassian.com/signup?applica ... assian.com

Regards,
Monica
MoniHolliday
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:28 pm

MoniHolliday wrote:My apologies, our service desk has been migrated recently and that link is no longer valid.
If you could send me your email address then I can set you up on our helpdesk provided you already have an Atlassian account. All users are required to have their own personal Atlassian account.

You can sign up using the below link.
https://id.atlassian.com/signup?applica ... assian.com

Regards,
Monica

The link on the docs page is valid - https://helpdesk.jwa.com.au is valid. The one you provided, Monica is not.

Rhys is correct in that the sign up process has an issue and displays the message "Signup is currently not available". I am looking into this.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:50 pm

Hi Rhys,

I've fixed the signup process and for good measure I've updated the docs article How to use Jiwa Helpdesk to more accurately reflect the process of signing up.

You won't be able to respond in this topic or forum anymore, as we have now locked general support queries in these forums.

If you still have issues and can't sign up for the helpdesk, post in the technical / programming forum as those are still welcoming topics and posts.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Core Product Support