Warehouse Transfer (buy from other warehouse)

Find general Jiwa support here.

Warehouse Transfer (buy from other warehouse)

Postby aegean66 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:30 pm

HI there,

- We have two warehouses. (Main and consignment)
- The consignment warehouse has stock come in at zero cost.
- I would like the Main warehouse to be able to buy some stock from the consignment warehouse (and ultimately the creditor that owns this stock).
- I looked at raising a purchase order against the consignment warehouse but the price on the purchase order doesn't come over to the the warehouse transfer inwards.
- I need the stock to come into the main warehouse with a cost.

Can this be achieved with a standard install or does it need some customisation?

Many thanks.
aegean66
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Topics Solved: 2

Re: Warehouse Transfer (buy from other warehouse)

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:20 pm

A plugin can certainly customise the behaviour to suit your needs.

It sounds like you're really just buying the product from the supplier - and that we already do - but instead of the normal PO to GRN cycle, you want to take the stock from the consignment warehouse and put it into the main warehouse.

So - I'd look at something like (and this is just off the top of my head):

1. Logical warehouse has a new custom field "Consignment Warehouse" - this designates one or more logical warehouses as consignment warehouses.
2. PO raised in Main warehouse for supplier. A flag somewhere indicates this is a consignment stock purchase - we'd store this in a custom field on the PO, but we could also have a new option for the New tool "Consignment Purchase" in addition to the existing "Supplier Purchase Order" and "Warehouse Purchase Order". We also need to know which consignment warehouse this is for - so if there is only one consignment warehouse defined, we just automatically set that - but if there are more than one then the user is prompted to select which one.

This next part assumes you want the rigid controls that a Warehouse Transfer Out brings - but if you don't need that we could simplify things by not having the WTO.

3. When this type of PO is set to the Sent status, we create a Warehouse Transfer Out from the consignment to the warehouse of the PO (Main warehouse). This allows the user to select specifically (if the wish) which items are being transferred. We flag this WTO as a consignment transfer by setting a custom field.
4. When the WTO is activated, we create a GRN pre-filled with the items and quantities, and serial information. This is now effectively a substitute for the Warehouse Transfer In that you would have normally done.
5. When the GRN is activated, you can create an invoice as per normal.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Core Product Support