Printing to specific printer drawers  Topic is solved

Find general Jiwa support here.

Printing to specific printer drawers

Postby Professional » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi, I need to be able to print a sales order report via the print button in sales orders to a Kyocera printer that has special stationery in a particular drawer. The report is a variation of the sales invoice set out as a job sheet and will print on special stationery that will be in a different drawer to the printer's default drawer. How can this be achieved?
Thanks,
Jeff
Professional
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Printing to specific printer drawers  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:53 pm

Professional wrote:Hi, I need to be able to print a sales order report via the print button in sales orders to a Kyocera printer that has special stationery in a particular drawer. The report is a variation of the sales invoice set out as a job sheet and will print on special stationery that will be in a different drawer to the printer's default drawer. How can this be achieved?
Thanks,
Jeff

To do this, add a new printer in Windows, and set the properties appropriately to specify the tray to use. You can add the same physical printer multiple times in Windows, but with different properties - give the newly created printer an appropriate name. Then in Jiwa, add a new logical printer and map that to the newly created printer. Finally, in the sales order report definitions, select the newly created logical printer as the printer to use.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Core Product Support