Jiwa6&7 DB_trans SourceID link to Sales Order lines  Topic is solved

Find general Jiwa support here.

Jiwa6&7 DB_trans SourceID link to Sales Order lines

Postby lennykp » Fri May 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi
Each snapshot of a sales order corresponds to a so_history record, when processed, creates a DB_Trans record for that delivery.
Wouldn't it better if DB_Trans.sourceid be the so_history.invoicehistoryid instead of so_main.invoiceid ?

Lenny
Attkey Computer Solutions
lennykp
I'm new here
I'm new here

Topics Solved: 1

Re: Jiwa6&7 DB_trans SourceID link to Sales Order lines  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon May 09, 2016 10:33 am

lennykp wrote:Hi
Each snapshot of a sales order corresponds to a so_history record, when processed, creates a DB_Trans record for that delivery.
Wouldn't it better if DB_Trans.sourceid be the so_history.invoicehistoryid instead of so_main.invoiceid ?

Lenny
Attkey Computer Solutions

Hi Lenny,

We'd need to redo the sales order system to separate an order from a goods issue note and tax invoice to make this work (which is planned). This way the debtor transaction sourceID would be the Tax Invoice, not the sales order - we'd dispense with snapshots, but probably still have a way of seeing what was delivered and invoiced so far from the sales order.

The fundamental problem is the source document for a debtor transaction is identified by a source and sourceID. The source is the name of the form the transaction originated from (eg: "JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaSalesUI.SalesOrder.SalesOrderEntryForm") and the source ID is the ID used to read that document. As our standard business logic pattern is to have a Read method which is passed a RecID, it gives us a consistent interface so we, or anyone else can introduce a new debtor transaction source, and everything will "just work" - including drill-downs.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Core Product Support