Printing multiple copies of a report

Support for Crystal Reports within Jiwa.

Printing multiple copies of a report

Postby Atronics » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:57 pm

How can crystal be setup so that when printing an invoice for example, it will print a second copy of the invoice for filing. I have tried placing a copy of the main report as a sub-report in the footer, but this presents problems in passing the parameter to the sub report. I am using the InvoiceHistoryID as the link, but this does not pass to the sub-report..
Atronics
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 10

Re: Printing multiple copies of a report

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:09 pm

For passing parameters to a sub-report, take a look at How can we pass a parameter from main report to subreport in crystal reports XI.

If you're adding a subreport simply to cause 2 copies to be printed, why not set the # Copies in the Printer Setup in Jiwa?
PrinterSetup.PNG
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Postby Atronics » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:37 pm

Yes. Mike. That will work, but I need to be able to allow/suppress some text on the second copy. I can't see how the Crystal report can be aware of what copy (first or other) is being printed.
I have tried replicating the original report as an edited (additional text included) sub-report, and passing the original stored proc parameter to the sub report. This is causing the sub-report to print over as many pages as there are groupings in the report. i.e it prints the header and subsequent sections on separate pages.

Regards
John I.
Atronics
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 10

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Atronics wrote:I need to be able to allow/suppress some text on the second copy. I can't see how the Crystal report can be aware of what copy (first or other) is being printed.

Ahh, I think I understand now what you're after.

Without actually trying some things out and doing it myself, I can't tell you what will work, but I'd try adding a formula which defaults to a value - say, 0, and that gets passed as a parameter to the subreport - but the main report will set this fomula value to 1 before the section the subreport sits in.

Or, you could possibly use a shared variable the same way.

The result should be that you can suppress / not suppress areas of the report based on the value of the formula or shared variable, and you will have that value as 1 only in the subreport.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Return to Crystal Reports