"Missing Parameter Values"  Topic is solved

Support for Crystal Reports within Jiwa.

"Missing Parameter Values"

Postby Atronics » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:17 pm

A client needs 3 copies of a delivery docket and one copy of a picking slip to print, and does not want to use the Report Type grouping in sales orders, so I have added the DelDoc into three separate details sections of the picking slip. The report works and tests correctly in Crystal, but when run in Jiwa it returns "Missing Parameter Values" The report and sp are attached.
Attachments
Combo PS x1 and DD x3.zip
(307.67 KiB) Downloaded 678 times
Atronics
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 10

Re: "Missing Parameter Values"

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:24 pm

1. Change the sub-report links for each sub-report to be using the @Pass_SP_InvoiceID as the container report field to link to, and have that link to the sub report field ?@SP_InvoiceHistoryID

SubreportLinks.png
SubreportLinks.png (21.34 KiB) Viewed 4004 times

2. Change the Record Selection formula for each sub-report to be (replace any existing content with the following):
//{@Pass_SP_InvoiceHistoryID}

You've got other problems with that report as you've put the subreports in the details sections - so in my testing I got 91 pages for a 15 line order because it repeats 3 subreports for each line of the order.

I believe you want those subreports to be in the a report footer section of their own. But, that's a different problem.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: "Missing Parameter Values"  Topic is solved

Postby Atronics » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:33 pm

Thanks, Mike.
I know about the other issues and just wanted to get the linking to work correctly.
Cheers
John I
Atronics
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: "Missing Parameter Values"

Postby Atronics » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:08 pm

All works fine with the sub-reports in the footer. However, there is a trap for the unwary which Scott has previously discovered. The footer has a maximum page length which is quite a bit less than A4, which presents some limitations for the sub-report.
Atronics
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Crystal Reports