Debtors Invoice  Topic is solved

Support for Crystal Reports within Jiwa.

Re: Debtors Invoice

Postby Steve Hutchins » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi Mike,

Yep all good the stored procedure worked so it's an issue changing (updating) the stored procedure used on the Crystal Report - I've used the standard invoice that comes with Jiwa with no modifications.

Steve
Steve Hutchins
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:05 pm

Steve Hutchins wrote:Hi Mike,

Yep all good the stored procedure worked so it's an issue changing (updating) the stored procedure used on the Crystal Report - I've used the standard invoice that comes with Jiwa with no modifications.

Steve

Hi Steve,

What version of Jiwa are you testing with?
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby Steve Hutchins » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:08 pm

We're running 157 but I'm not getting that far the error occurs when trying to update the stored procedure from the standard to the modified one in Crystal....
Steve Hutchins
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:57 pm

Steve Hutchins wrote:We're running 157 but I'm not getting that far the error occurs when trying to update the stored procedure from the standard to the modified one in Crystal....

Right - I have found the problem.

When you supply the stored procedure a blank or invalid InvoiceHistoryID, it will give the error, but not when you supply a valid InvoiceHistoryID. That explains why it works when run in Management Studio, but not Crystal Reports.

This is due to another fault in the stored procedure - a special case where no lines were returned for the provided InvoiceHistoryID, a dummy row is constructed and that was missing the DebtorPartNo column.

I was using "Visual Studio with Crystal Reports for Visual Studio, Developer Edition SP 13" and from your screenshot It looks like you were using Crystal Reports - which does behave differently - so that may explain why when I set the datasource of the report to the stored procedure it worked, but not for you.

Attached is another revised version of the stored proc which should address the issue (finally).
Attachments
InvoiceSP_With_Debtor_PartNo.sql
Revised stored proc
(54.1 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Previous

Return to Crystal Reports