Receive Inventory - Printing  Topic is solved

Support for Crystal Reports within Jiwa.

Receive Inventory - Printing

Postby tonys » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Previously in V6 and in V7 until a couple of versions ago the system passed down the packing slip ID and overrode the record selection criteria.
in Current public release this no longer happens.

How can I add the reports that use Tables not stored procedures. I have multiple label printing reports etc that use RE_Main and RE_Lines

Do you have a Reserve formula etc that I can use.

Old system used as example
Operating Selection Criteria
{RE_Main.PackSlipID}='46230B933F91407184FA'
tonys
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Receive Inventory - Printing

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Tony,

When printing from the GRN form, If you don't have a formula Pass_SP_StartingGRNNo or Pass_SP_EndingGRNNo, then we still do override the record selection criteria with '{RE_Main.PackSlipID}=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Postby tonys » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi, this does not appear to be the case.
In the sample report I created this morning, I just had the RE_Main table, no record selection criteria and empty JiwaRanges formula.
in Version 129, work fine, you only get record on screen printing, in ver 151 you get all records ?

With clients original label report, in 129 you get correct no of labels, in 151, you get many 1000's of pages..

I will email you the sample file I created as it does not load from this app.
Attachments
print sample.gif
print sample.gif (54.34 KiB) Viewed 5689 times
tonys
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Receive Inventory - Printing  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Ok, so either used a stored procedure - or if you simply cannot use a stored procedure you need to:

1. Add a formula named "Pass_SP_StartingGRNNo"
2. Add a formula named "JiwaRanges" - the contents of which is "//{@Pass_SP_StartingGRNNo}"
3. In the Record Selection formula, add this text: "{RE_Main.SlipNo} = {@Pass_SP_StartingGRNNo}"

Attached is a working report which does the above.
Attachments
RecSlipTest.rpt
Sample Report
(96 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby tonys » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Thanks.

So therefore if a standard report has a formula that is used by one of your stored procedures like "Pass_SP_StartingGRNNo"
This formula name is "hard coded" into the system ?
I copied the report and renamed the formula to Pass_RecNo and it did not work (no records returned)
tonys
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:21 pm

tonys wrote:Thanks.

So therefore if a standard report has a formula that is used by one of your stored procedures like "Pass_SP_StartingGRNNo"
This formula name is "hard coded" into the system ?
I copied the report and renamed the formula to Pass_RecNo and it did not work (no records returned)

There is no hard and fast rule - in the case of the GRN in the form we look for the formulas "Pass_SP_StartingGRNNo" and "Pass_SP_EndingGRNNo" and set those values for you - we did that to try and support older non-stored procedure based reports, as well as stored procedure based reports.

A good rule of thumb is if we have a standard report using a stored procedure, then your custom one should have the same Pass_SP_* formulas and the same contents in the JiwaRanges formula as our standard one, then you'll know it will work.

We recognise this is a bit clunky and are working toward a better, more consistent report interface so it's not so hit-and-miss. As SAP's support with Crystal seems to be less focused on MSSQL (read: more interested in HANA support), we're looking at alternate reporting engines, but will support SAP Crystal Reports as long as SAP provide MSSQL support. Already we're seeing stubbornness by SAP to support Azure SQL, so I'm convinced the writing is on the wall in terms of future support for MSSQL by SAP Crystal Reports.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Return to Crystal Reports