Crystal Reports seeing stored procs on Azure  Topic is solved

Support for Crystal Reports within Jiwa.

Crystal Reports seeing stored procs on Azure

Postby DannyC » Mon May 23, 2016 6:31 pm

I have a client looking to move to an Azure database and I want to be on the front foot if we encounter issues.

I know a year or so ago there was discussion on the SAP forums about Crystal having problems finding stored procedures on Azure databases.
1. Was this just for the designer for Visual Studio, or the full Crystal Reports designer?
2. Do you know if SAP have fixed it?
3. Was this issue only for designing reports directly to a Azure-based stored proc, or are we able to design reports locally, create the stored proc on Azure, then when we load the report into Jiwa (based on the Azure database) it can find the stored proc?

Cheers

Danny
DannyC
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 29

Re: Crystal Reports seeing stored procs on Azure

Postby Scott.Pearce » Mon May 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Not sure. I know point 3 works. Let us know how you go with points 1 and 2.
Scott Pearce
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Jiwa Financials
Scott.Pearce
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 221

Re: Crystal Reports seeing stored procs on Azure  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:10 pm

DannyC wrote:I have a client looking to move to an Azure database and I want to be on the front foot if we encounter issues.

I know a year or so ago there was discussion on the SAP forums about Crystal having problems finding stored procedures on Azure databases.
1. Was this just for the designer for Visual Studio, or the full Crystal Reports designer?
2. Do you know if SAP have fixed it?
3. Was this issue only for designing reports directly to a Azure-based stored proc, or are we able to design reports locally, create the stored proc on Azure, then when we load the report into Jiwa (based on the Azure database) it can find the stored proc?

Cheers

Danny

1. Both VS and the full CR stand-alone product
2. No, they have not and there is no indication they intend to
3. It only affects designing reports - you can design them on a local database, and when deployed they will work in Azure at runtime.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Return to Crystal Reports