Merging inventory items  Topic is solved

Support for Microsoft SQL Server in the context of Jiwa installations.

Merging inventory items

Postby neil.interactit » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:57 am

Hi guys,

Very similar to the previous post - we have a client that, for various reasons, has a SP we run to rename part numbers - I think, for historical reasons. Anyway, every now and again an enthusiastic staff member decides to create a "new" part number manually - and the SP fails as the "new" already exists.

In this case, the client now wants to combine these inventory items to a single record (and then we'll archive or delete the unnecessary one).

Are there any concerns or gotchas with this?

My plan would be to find every InventoryID FK (excepting those associated with the core IN_Main record - ie. on the actual inventory maintenance screen itself) and replace InventoryID BBBBBBBBBBB with AAAAAAAAAAA.

Cheers,
Neil.
neil.interactit
Kohai
Kohai

Topics Solved: 6

Re: Merging inventory items  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:40 pm

neil.interactit wrote:Hi guys,

Very similar to the previous post - we have a client that, for various reasons, has a SP we run to rename part numbers - I think, for historical reasons. Anyway, every now and again an enthusiastic staff member decides to create a "new" part number manually - and the SP fails as the "new" already exists.

In this case, the client now wants to combine these inventory items to a single record (and then we'll archive or delete the unnecessary one).

Are there any concerns or gotchas with this?

My plan would be to find every InventoryID FK (excepting those associated with the core IN_Main record - ie. on the actual inventory maintenance screen itself) and replace InventoryID BBBBBBBBBBB with AAAAAAAAAAA.

Cheers,
Neil.

Assuming that the two parts being merged had the same GL accounts and tax rates configured, your plan should work fine.

You'll need to run the usp_Jiwa_IN_WarehouseSOH_ReBuild stored proc afterwards to ensure the warehouse soh summaries reflect the new state of IN_SOH transaction records for the items - this stored proc takes an optional parameter - PartNo - when null is provided it does it for all items, when the PartNo is provided it does it just for the PartNo supplied - which in most cases would be a lot quicker.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: Merging inventory items

Postby neil.interactit » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:06 pm

Okay, will do. Many thanks again Mike.
neil.interactit
Kohai
Kohai

Topics Solved: 6

Return to Microsoft SQL Server