InventoryImport  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

InventoryImport  Topic is solved

Postby perry » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi,

for Jiwa 7.2

I've never used JiwaInventoryUI.Import.MainForm nor JiwaInventory.Import.InventoryImport.

Just wondering if you can provide me some guidance on
- add custom destination properties, e.g. style/size/colour, dynamic custom settings (read based on in_customsettings)
- handle updates of each custom property
- some event like onLineImport(item as JiwaInventory.Inventory, columnHeader as String, columnValue as String)?
- handle error message if any

I also wanted to customize Inventory Export so user can select a different column set. It would be nice if standard plug would allow user to pre-define columns to be exported (maybe select a SQL view or something)
Since it is a plugin, I figure I can do something by myself.

Thanks in advance,
Perry Ma
S. Programmer
Lonicera Pty Ltd
http://www.lonicera.com.au
perry
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 15

Re: InventoryImport

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi Perry,

The Inventory Import out of the box includes the custom fields for the item - so these will appear as mappings provided the CSV file you are importing from has column headers matching the custom field name.

You can add more fields or override the behaviour for existing field imports by manipulating the DestinationPropertyCollection of the import business logic - this is a list of fields along with delegate functions and alias names to match on.

This forum post in the samples forum has an example of how to add a few more fields. You can just as easily remove our built-in standard ones and replace them with your own.

We also have a plugin we ship with - "Inventory Import Notes" - which shows how to import notes into the Inventory notes collection using the standard inventory import.

I hope that's enough to get you started - come back with any specific questions as they arise - but it looks to me like everything you're asking for is possible.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 757

Re: InventoryImport

Postby perry » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:27 am

Thanks Mike
Perry Ma
S. Programmer
Lonicera Pty Ltd
http://www.lonicera.com.au
perry