Aliasing A User  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Aliasing A User

Postby SBarnes » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:04 am

I am pretty sure the answer to this is that it's not possible but I will ask the question.

This is in relation to the web api but I am sure it would hold true for any other service such as scheduled service or a customised windows service is there a way to change what user say an order or debtor note is written as having been modified by as?

As what currently happens is it is the user that the api or service logged in as, it's almost like there needs to be an extra parameter against the login called say alias that could get used.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Aliasing A User  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:28 pm

Not really.

We did make a change to allow notes being deserialised to use the provided staff details (see DEV-6949) - Although one could argue that technically it was never really a bug, but a behaviour by design to audit truthfully the user who added or edited the note.

So in that context, you can now specify the staff member associated with a note even though it's created or edited by a different user. But in the larger scope that I think you're wanting, we don't support aliasing or impersonating.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 757

Return to Technical and or Programming