ProgramDataIdentifier tag  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

ProgramDataIdentifier tag

Postby DannyC » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:11 pm

Just wanted more information on the ProgramDataIdentifier tag in the JiwaPluginSchedulerService.exe.config file.

The config file says
Code: Select all
    <!-- When the below ProgramDataIdentifier is set to non-blank, this value is used in the construction of the Plugin compilation and runtime folders.  Set this if you have multiple services on the same host machine and don't want contention on assembly writes -->
    <ProgramDataIdentifier></ProgramDataIdentifier>

but I have no idea when to use it, or what values to put inside the tag.
Is it a jiwa user account? Or a watched folder path? Or the compile folder path? Or the plugin name? Or something else?
DannyC
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 29

Re: ProgramDataIdentifier tag  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi Danny,

It can be anything you want - if you've got two Plugin Scheduler services, and one is configured only to execute for for a single plugin which does image imports, then I'd set the program data identifier to be ImageImport for that config.

It's just used to change the path we use to read and write plugin dll's to make it more unique - so as long as each of your JiwaPluginSchedulerService.exe.config files has different values for ProgramDataIdentifier then you can't go wrong.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Return to Technical and or Programming