Plugin Exception Policy  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Plugin Exception Policy

Postby SBarnes » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Will Plugin Exception policy Abort stop a user being able to login to the user interface if the plugin fails to deploy?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Plugin Exception Policy

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:42 pm

SBarnes wrote:Will Plugin Exception policy Abort stop a user being able to login to the user interface if the plugin fails to deploy?

Yes.

In fact as of 7.2.1, services we ship with - the REST API, and Plugin Scheduler will also fail to start (with an event log entry made describing the problem).
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: Plugin Exception Policy

Postby SBarnes » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:35 pm

Mike.Sheen wrote:In fact as of 7.2.1, services we ship with - the REST API, and Plugin Scheduler will also fail to start (with an event log entry made describing the problem).

Cool, but what happens if a plugin with Abort throws an unhandled exception during execution i.e. not at startup in a service or the ui client but when running?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Plugin Exception Policy  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:37 am

SBarnes wrote:Cool, but what happens if a plugin with Abort throws an unhandled exception during execution i.e. not at startup in a service or the ui client but when running?

Then it behaves the same no matter the exception policy.

The exception policy only has an impact when attempting to compile and/or load the plugin as part of the Manager.Logon method.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Technical and or Programming