Small Mac-based site.

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Re: Small Mac-based site.

Postby pricerc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:52 am

So far, we have it working under Parallels, which has two modes of interests: 'Single application' and 'Coherence'.

'Single Application' is fairly self explanatory - Parallels exposes exactly one app to the user.

'Coherence' is what VMware calls 'Unity' - you can access your Windows virtual machine's start menu and all its apps, but without starting a virtual machine 'Window'. This shot is in that mode:
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-23 at 08.39.16.jpeg
Jiwa on Mac 1
(it's a picture of an old Macbook, taken with a phone, which is why it's a little skew...)

SBarnes wrote:Even with getting it to install and run under some sort of environment on the Mac, as a side issue won't one of the biggest hurdles be possibly trying to then get it to print as Jiwa's print setup is pretty windows specific?

Actually, I'd expect printing to be something that WINE handles o.k. I imagine a lot of people want to print.
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
https://aerp.co.nz
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 20

Postby SBarnes » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:55 am

Crystal might prove to be an issue though, also I am pretty sure Jiwa expects to write the rpt file out to temp to run it which could also prove an issue.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Postby pricerc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:27 am

SBarnes wrote:Crystal might prove to be an issue though, also I am pretty sure Jiwa expects to write the rpt file out to temp to run it which could also prove an issue.

Under Parallels, it's not an issue - it's a Windows 10 virtual machine.

Under WINE, we won't know for sure until we try, which I'm still angling for - we're going to copy the now installed JIWA folder to the Macbook and see how far we get :)
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
https://aerp.co.nz
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 20

Previous

Return to Technical and or Programming