GRN 'phantom' Serial  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

GRN 'phantom' Serial

Postby pricerc » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:32 am

I am unable to reproduce this behaviour on my own computer connected to the customer's database. So I don't think it's a plugin problem...

When entering serials for a GRN, they normally use a scanner, and so have it set to "next line on enter" on the serial # field. But they can reproduce it on a system without a scanner, using just a keyboard.

They open the serial form, enter one serial number and push enter, so that the cursor is on the second 'new item' row of the grid. They click on OK, and it magically adds a blank serial number.

If they save the GRN, there is a RE_LineDetails record with a blank SerialNo.

I figured out that the new row gets added as the button is depressed, so if you move your mouse cursor off the OK button prior to letting go of the mouse button, you can see the new row in the serial form. If you delete this 'phantom' row, and click OK, you get the right result ( a single serial # returned to the GRN form).

You can also re-open the dialog and delete any blank serials, and it works fine.

So the problem only seems to occur when they first go into the dialog.

This is doing my head in, so any ideas would be much appreciated.

P.S. you can 'sort-of' mimic the behaviour if you press the space bar in the second line. But then you will have an RE_LineDetails record with a single space for the serial #, not a blank one.
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
https://aerp.co.nz
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 20

Re: GRN 'phantom' Serial

Postby DannyC » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:32 pm

I wonder is it's a user profile issue?
Maybe try deleting the SY_UserProfile records for GRNs for that userid.
DannyC
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 30

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:34 pm

DannyC wrote:I wonder is it's a user profile issue?
Maybe try deleting the SY_UserProfile records for GRNs for that userid.

That's a good line of inquiry.

If you don't want to delete the profile records, you could just turn off custom columns for that grid for that user.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby pricerc » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:20 pm

Even with the same user, I *don't* have the problem, but the customer does. I just double-checked. Had the user log on to ADMIN, test it, and they have the problem. I walk to my computer, log on, and I don't have it.

Only difference is my computer vs. their computer.

It's just too weird. I might have to look at their installed software... although even if I press space, and the delete it, mine doesn't add the blank serial.

Oh, and they need the custom columns, because they need to set the "next line on enter" for the serial number column.

I might have to add some sketchy plugin code to nuke any blank serial numbers when coming out of that dialog.
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Postby SBarnes » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:09 pm

If I am reading this correctly and have the correct screen, given JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaInvReceivalUI.SerialNumbersForm is dialog why not attach to the before start event on the dialog factory and latch onto SelectedSerialNumbersJiwaGrid Jiwa grid with a change event and check for blanks that way, the column has a key of SerialNo ?

The signature of the change would be

Code: Select all
private void SelectedSerialNumbersJiwaGrid_Change(object sender, FarPoint.Win.Spread.ChangeEventArgs e)

By attaching in the dialog before start you'll be ahead of Jiwa's grid changed event and can warn the user if it's blank and then just client cancel exception to stop Jiwa.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Postby pricerc » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:53 am

Ok,

so it turns out that I *can* reproduce the problem, I just needed to remember to upgrade my new VM to SR4....

Mike: logged as JIWA-7610
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Re: GRN 'phantom' Serial  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:23 pm

This was logged as bug DEV-8592.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Technical and or Programming