Object reference dll error - for some users  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Object reference dll error - for some users

Postby Riyaz » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:55 pm

Hi There

We’re facing a strange issue, we have an exe which uses jiwa 7 dlls and it works fine for the JIWA admin user, but when another JIWA user logs in who has the same admin level privileges we keep getting the attached issue. Can you pls guide us here.
Attachments
6DD57F4C-6607-4BE2-8D38-1D280974C54D.png
6DD57F4C-6607-4BE2-8D38-1D280974C54D.png (174.91 KiB) Viewed 2869 times
Riyaz
Kohai
Kohai

Topics Solved: 2

Re: Object reference dll error - for some users

Postby SBarnes » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:18 pm

On the surface of it without more details it's hard to tell but it looks like one of the plugins is having trouble resolving one of the DLLs I would look at this post viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1510&p=6500&hilit=resolver#p6500 and try introducing an assembly resolver to resolve anything to the Jiwa program path.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 176

Postby Riyaz » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:34 pm

Hi Stuart

Thanks for the reply, understood that and disabling that plugin works fine. But what is weird is that, why would Jiwa admin user wont have any troubles with that plugin if its a dll issue?
Riyaz
Kohai
Kohai

Postby SBarnes » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:01 am

Because with the limited information you have supplied anything at this point it is a best guess and the error looks like it is related to when Jiwa deploys/runs the plugin.

If you want to test this theory just dump every Jiwa dll in the directory with the application and if the problem goes away that is the issue. You could also try using FUSLOGVW https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... log-viewer to see what is the bindings at runtime that could be at issue.

The only other possibility I could suggest again this is a guess is that there could be a custom field on HR_Staff that is set for certain users but not others, Jiwa has a similar bug in one of their plugins I can't remember which one where it is assumed that the value is set for every user and when it isn't you get a null reference exception.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 176

Postby Riyaz » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:52 pm

Thanks Stuart, will give that a shot
Riyaz
Kohai
Kohai

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:53 pm

Further to the guidance Stuart has given, You could also try deleting the %ProgramData%\Jiwa Financials folder and testing again - this has solved the occasional "unexplainable" issue relating to plugin deployment before.

It could be a permission issue or even a path length issue... a user other than admin might push the path length of where we compile and load plugins from past the Windows length limit - because we use the username when constructing the path to compile and load plugins to/from the ProgramData folder.

If you need more assistance you'll need to provide the plugin, and disclose what version of Jiwa you are having the issue with.

If you don't want to put the plugin up here then you can create a helpdesk ticket - the plugin name suggests it might be the plugin from this topic, but without the plugin I can't be sure.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 758

Postby Riyaz » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:07 pm

Thanks Mike,

Its basically Jiwa's own plugin "Import P1...P10 Selling Prices" and some clarification as below

1/ This works fine when you login to Jiwa via Jiwa software itself with any login

2/ This plugin throws a null exception if we login via the dlls using any other user apart from Jiwas admin user.

3/ More on point 2 above, if I run our exe which uses the dlls as the windows admin user, it works fine.

Hence I'm puzzled, hope this info helps. The exe basically creates SO in jiwa based on some flat files.
Riyaz
Kohai
Kohai

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:11 pm

Riyaz wrote:Thanks Mike,

Its basically Jiwa's own plugin "Import P1...P10 Selling Prices" and some clarification as below

1/ This works fine when you login to Jiwa via Jiwa software itself with any login

2/ This plugin throws a null exception if we login via the dlls using any other user apart from Jiwas admin user.

3/ More on point 2 above, if I run our exe which uses the dlls as the windows admin user, it works fine.

Hence I'm puzzled, hope this info helps. The exe basically creates SO in jiwa based on some flat files.

Thanks, Riyaz - some more questions for you:

1. What version of Jiwa?
2. Where did you get the plugin from and have you modified it since? We don't have an official plugin we ship with by that name - just a sample posted on forums 6 years ago and that won't work without modification on current versions of Jiwa.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby Atronics » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:15 am

Good morning, Mike.
That plugin was built by Jiwa for Delta Electrics, which regularly updates the "P" prices. It needs to be repaired for use with current and future Jiwa versions. Can you look into this and advise, please.
Regards
John Ireland
Atronics
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 10

Re: Object reference dll error - for some users  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:00 pm

Atronics wrote:Good morning, Mike.
That plugin was built by Jiwa for Delta Electrics, which regularly updates the "P" prices. It needs to be repaired for use with current and future Jiwa versions. Can you look into this and advise, please.
Regards
John Ireland

Hi John,

That was commissioned via our support channels, not the forums - back in 2015. As it's a customisation made specifically for a customer it's not appropriate for me to post that plugin or a variation of it here on the forums.

You'll have to create a helpdesk ticket to get that updated to work with Jiwa 7.2.1. It should be an easy fix - I suspect we just need to follow the guidance on how to update plugins with the changes introduced in 7.0.177.00 and later.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Return to Technical and or Programming