setup new dev pc  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

setup new dev pc

Postby perry » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:25 pm

Hi Guys,

Need some help with setting up a new dev PC please

So I install
    J7.2.1 (sr5),
    VS2022,
    Infragistics 13.1.20131.2060,
    FarPoint Win Form 8.35.20151.0
    registered product key for both infragistics and farpoint controls

when I open UI designer, I get below.
Code: Select all
The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: TestUI --- The base class 'JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaApplication.ProcessAction.UserInterface' could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced and that all projects have been built.   

Instances of this error (1) 

1.   Hide Call Stack

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.EnsureDocument(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 fReload) 

I also tried to create a new .vb file, Inherits JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaApplication.ProcessAction.UserInterface and get the same error (designer code not generated).

Am I missing something? The project is an existing project so it has all the references.
Perry Ma
S. Programmer
Lonicera Pty Ltd
http://www.lonicera.com.au
perry
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 15

Re: setup new dev pc

Postby SBarnes » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:16 am

Without any more specifics and not having tried the controls with vs2022, I would first create a win forms project and see if you can add just the straight Infragistics and Farpoint controls to that and see if you can get that to run first because that would then point to whether or not it is the third party controls themselves or the Jiwa ones.

Also make sure all the third party controls and the Jiwa ones have been added to the pallets in the toolbox itself.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: setup new dev pc  Topic is solved

Postby perry » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:50 pm

It appears an issue with Jiwa controls in vs2022 (v17.0.5), both Infragistics and FarPoint Spreads are fine.

I have installed 2019 on the same machine and Jiwa controls worked in there.
Perry Ma
S. Programmer
Lonicera Pty Ltd
http://www.lonicera.com.au
perry
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 15

Postby SBarnes » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:54 pm

VS2022 is 64 bit whilst VS2019 is still 32 bit, may be that has something to do with it?

It might need Scott or Mike to provide feedback.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:26 pm

SBarnes wrote:VS2022 is 64 bit whilst VS2019 is still 32 bit, may be that has something to do with it?

It might need Scott or Mike to provide feedback.

If I take our 7.2.x source code and try to load it using VS 2022 I can't open a designer either - same issue.

Next major release is x64 and designers work fine with VS 2022 - so having both VS 2022 and VS 2019 installed side-by-side is going to be necessary to support both generations of product - that's what we're currently doing.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 757

Postby SBarnes » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:32 pm

Will there still be a 32 bit release or only 64 bit?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Postby Scott.Pearce » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:35 pm

64-bit only.
Scott Pearce
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Jiwa Financials
Scott.Pearce
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 221

Postby SBarnes » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:45 pm

Great, hopefully only just a bit of Hiho Hiho a recompile we go on any applications we have as external applications. :lol:

But I can tell you there will be quite a few customers that will be happy with the decision as they get out of memory exceptions now.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Return to Technical and or Programming