Custom Form Issue  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Custom Form Issue

Postby SBarnes » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:39 pm

I have added a custom form to Jiwa and when Jiwa tries to open the form I get an error about embedded resources, the culprit line is the line below in the component initialisation code, which if I comment it out the form opens up and works fine.

I've not used the Jiwa tab control on a custom form which is obviously what this related to and line doesn't seem to make a difference to the form so is it safe to comment it out as I am not that familiar with this control?

Code: Select all
this.jtcMainTabs.TabOrderXML = resources.GetString("jtcMainTabs.TabOrderXML");
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Custom Form Issue  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:09 pm

SBarnes wrote:I have added a custom form to Jiwa and when Jiwa tries to open the form I get an error about embedded resources, the culprit line is the line below in the component initialisation code, which if I comment it out the form opens up and works fine.

I've not used the Jiwa tab control on a custom form which is obviously what this related to and line doesn't seem to make a difference to the form so is it safe to comment it out as I am not that familiar with this control?

Code: Select all
this.jtcMainTabs.TabOrderXML = resources.GetString("jtcMainTabs.TabOrderXML");

Yes, you can comment that out. We don't use the resources for storing the custom tab information - we set that later by reading from the database and applying it from within the base form classes - and our own forms aren't complaining about these missing resources, so I don't know why yours is.

Technically it is a bug in that the JiwaTabControl is incorrectly adding that designer code to set the TabOrderXML from a resource string - when we should just not even attempt to add that designer code at all.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 757

Return to Technical and or Programming