Sales order serial selection for snapshots > 1  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Sales order serial selection for snapshots > 1

Postby DannyC » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:17 pm

I'm trying to write a plugin so that users can adjust the serial/batch number when Jiwa has auto-allocated a serial/batch via the Manual Backorder Release module.
The backorder mode is Automatic.
The snapshot will be anything greater than 1.

It might be the case that the warehouse pickers can't locate the specified batch/serial so they need to change it via the GUI.

In the GUI, when the hyperlinked qty is clicked the serial dialog displays but it's completely locked - no edits can be done.

It seems to be OK for backorder mode = manual but for my client they use automatic.

I'd attach a plugin here to show my efforts but at this stage I can't even find out where to start. I'm looking through JustDecomplie to see if I can suss out how the dialog can me modified but I'm completely stuck.

Version 7.2.1.
DannyC
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 30

Re: Sales order serial selection for snapshots > 1  Topic is solved

Postby SBarnes » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:19 pm

Hi Danny,

My advice on this one would be to ask Jiwa for a quote as this probably won't be a small task to accomplish and would be a reasonable amount of work.

For starters the cells get locked by the DisplayLine function so you would need to get in behind every call to DisplayLine and DisplayLines call just to get the cells on the grid working, then you would need to worry about showing the dialog with the relevant possible SOH lines that are possible and then updating the line details on the sales order line accordingly as well, as I don't think just unlocking the cells is probably going to be enough.

You would also have to deal with the issue of what if there is not enough stock after you rule the current selected serials.

You could burn a lot of hours on trying to get something up and running and most probably Jiwa doing it will definitely end up being the cheaper option in this case given the complexity of what needs to be considered.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Return to Technical and or Programming