EmailedEventHandler and EmailingEventHandler signatures  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Re: EmailedEventHandler and EmailingEventHandler signatures

Postby SBarnes » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:03 pm

I have no vitriol towards vb in fact this morning I have worked in both vb and c# but the reality is the industry is driven by financial reality and the vendor is largely pushing c# whether we like it or not.

Many years ago when video records existed and dinosaurs roamed the earth there was vhs and beta, vhs won market share and beta died out but apparently beta was the superior technology, go figure.

For one of the video training courses I followed when I started learning c# and web based stuff, the instructor made the point of what is the best solution to a problem depends, even Microsoft have multiple web solutions for instance and there are two flavours of Blazor.

That depends can also involve the skill sets of the developers involved, if you were building a class library that I was going to use and you can get the job done quickest in visual basic, what do I care, I say dance with the one that brung ya .

You are right in that everybody gets too caught up in the choice of language or tool though, people can write good c# code and bad c# code just as people can write good vb code and bad vb code.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Previous

Return to Technical and or Programming