How can I use Jiwa authentication in a plugin  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Re: How can I use Jiwa authentication in a plugin

Postby indikad » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:31 pm

thanks - got the form loading.

couple more questions - when you get a chance. ( sorry to be a bother )

my plan is to grab the new password from the custom window and pass that to the main form - password field.
1. Will updating the password field on the main window cause Jiwa to send the password to the Database ?
or
do I need to write the new password to the database myself ?

2. I still need to intercept the self reset password window ( from the bottom of the Jiwa main screen - right click menu selection Change Password . How do I catch this pls ?
indikad
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 2

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:11 pm

indikad wrote:1. Will updating the password field on the main window cause Jiwa to send the password to the Database ?
or
do I need to write the new password to the database myself ?

2. I still need to intercept the self reset password window ( from the bottom of the Jiwa main screen - right click menu selection Change Password . How do I catch this pls ?

1. Yes, it will be passed through for you and you won't need to update the database. Just set the password property of the staff record and all should work.

2. I'll need to test this and see if there is a way - at first glance it doesn't appear so - strangely the change password dialog on the MDI Parent form is a different one to the one on the Staff Maintenance form - this is probably due to the "minimum effort" approach we took to getting version 6 to be upgraded to .NET - I can see some legacy VB6 style code in there - so it looks like some refactoring/redesigning work can be done on our part there - the ideal result will be to have both the staff maintenance form and the main MDI Parent use the same dialog, and have that accessible easily within our framework. Also the concept of a login and password challenge presented to the user upon accessing certain functions is a good idea - so we'll look at that also as a standard part of our framework.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby indikad » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:58 pm

Thanks Mike. I got the reset window of staff maintenance form to write my password.
I am starting to add my business login now.

It will be a great help if you can find us a way to intercept the self reset password window. Worst case, if I can popup a message to the user and stop them from loading the self reset password window then , that will be good at this stage.
indikad
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby indikad » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:18 pm

Its become important now that we need to intercept the self password change windows. The customer for who I am developing the password complexity plugin for has remote users. So cannot always force them to use staff maintenance.

Thanks very much .
indikad
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: How can I use Jiwa authentication in a plugin  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:53 pm

As per Bug 10648 I've made some changes to the password change and reset so it's using one unified dialog, and we now have a sample plugin showing how to enforce password complexity policies. This is in build 07.00.67.00 - as yet not a released dev build, but we expect that to be published in a few days.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby indikad » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:50 pm

That's great. Thanks again.
indikad
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby indikad » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:11 pm

cmdResetLost.png
cmdResetLost
Hi Mike,

Just upgraded myself patch 69
just got back to implement the rest of my work. Found that the cmdReset button ( on staff maintenance window )has changed its name and the new name I believe is
PasswordUltraButton
However I cannot access that due to its visibility - I get an error message. see attached.
indikad
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Scott.Pearce » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:14 pm

Looks like the new button is set to "Friend" instead of "Public", so you cannot access it. Logged for correction, bug 10809.
Scott Pearce
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Jiwa Financials
Scott.Pearce
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 221

Previous

Return to Technical and or Programming