Customisation Goods Received Form  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Customisation Goods Received Form

Postby JohnBiddick » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:07 am

I wish to make two customisations on the Goods Received Form.
1) I wish to make the Product Description field editable and
2) I wish to add a custom field to each line of receipt. This feild would need to be a text feild of 30 characters

Please advise
JohnBiddick
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Customisation Goods Received Form  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:39 pm

JohnBiddick wrote:I wish to make two customisations on the Goods Received Form.
1) I wish to make the Product Description field editable and
2) I wish to add a custom field to each line of receipt. This feild would need to be a text feild of 30 characters

Please advise

Hi John,

1. You will need to unlock the column using the LockColumn method of the grid. There are two grids on that form with product descriptions - InventoryJiwaGrid and NonInventoryJiwaGrid.

There are probably two places you want to do this - when add a line to a GRN and when reading an existing GRN - provided it is not activated / posted. So, add handlers for the business logic Read_End and Lines_Added, and then iterate through each row of the required grid and invoke the LockColumn method (passing false for the Lock parameter).

Eg:

Code: Select all
For row As Integer = 0 To form.InventoryJiwaGrid.ActiveSheet.RowCount -1
    form.InventoryJiwaGrid.LockColumn(False, "Description", row)
Next

I've attached a plugin which demonstrates this.

2. We don't have custom fields in GRN's - but you can still achieve what you want with a bit of effort. After your post we thought this would be a good feature to have custom fields on GRN's - so Scott has added this (bug 10808) - which will be present in build 7.00.73.00. If you can't wait for that build (it will likely be available Monday, 4 August 2014) then we can provide you with some guidance on how to achieve the same thing - let us know if that's something you want to pursue.

Mike
Attachments
Make GRN Product Descriptions Editable.rar
Jiwa plugin
(4.86 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Return to Technical and or Programming