PlugIn basics  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

PlugIn basics

Postby 2can2 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi,
I discussed this with Beth and she suggested I put it to you.
I am not a VB programmer but would like to schedule a little time to get an appreciation of how to use your Plugins. I am not intending to do major changes in V7 but one of the beauties of V6 was the ability to customise basic things easily - namely highlight fields, label changes, basic messages and displays, custom searches, etc.
In V7 this is obviously a lot more difficult, once I have basic custom code it is more than feasible for me to do these minor changes as I have been doing relatively successfully in the last few weeks. I have coded and had exposure to several programming languages over the years but not VB. However I do feel a basic understanding of how the plugin is compiled and the tools that can be used would be enormously helpful to me. I think a few dealers who don't have or do not want to use .net programmers every time would benefit from this general knowledge.
Scott gave me an hours overview of breakouts several years ago and that helped me greatly.

Cheers
Doug
2can2
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 25

Re: PlugIn basics  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:22 pm

2can2 wrote:Hi,
I discussed this with Beth and she suggested I put it to you.
I am not a VB programmer but would like to schedule a little time to get an appreciation of how to use your Plugins. I am not intending to do major changes in V7 but one of the beauties of V6 was the ability to customise basic things easily - namely highlight fields, label changes, basic messages and displays, custom searches, etc.
In V7 this is obviously a lot more difficult, once I have basic custom code it is more than feasible for me to do these minor changes as I have been doing relatively successfully in the last few weeks. I have coded and had exposure to several programming languages over the years but not VB. However I do feel a basic understanding of how the plugin is compiled and the tools that can be used would be enormously helpful to me. I think a few dealers who don't have or do not want to use .net programmers every time would benefit from this general knowledge.
Scott gave me an hours overview of breakouts several years ago and that helped me greatly.

Cheers
Doug

Hi Doug,

We don't have the resources to give everyone one-on-one training - perhaps a webinar in the near future is more appropriate. We'll let everyone know (through these forums and an email) when we get it scheduled. Prior to that I'd like to publish a few tutorials and some more samples which should also assist.

In the meantime you can continue to ask specific questions here, and where we can we'll provide the answers and hopefully that process of osmosis will deepen your knowledge.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Technical and or Programming