XML (or CSV) Import - allocate SOH for serialized items  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

XML (or CSV) Import - allocate SOH for serialized items

Postby DannyC » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:17 pm

I've got a client who imports sales orders. Pretty sure they come in via XML.

Some items are serialized and those items always come in as backordered. I get that - I suspect it is because there's no GUI to display the serial selection dialog.
But they want Jiwa to assign any SOH available to the order without serialized stock displaying as backordered.

I know there is a setting e_SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionFIFO but I can't find an XML tag to define that setting - assuming that is the setting I need to define?

For CSV imports the import is all programmable via the file watcher plugin so I can add in e_SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionFIFO into the plugin.
But XML imports via file watcher don't have that level of programmability.

Can anything be done for XML imported orders to auto-assign serialized stock?
DannyC
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 30

Re: XML (or CSV) Import - allocate SOH for serialized items  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:41 pm

DannyC wrote:I've got a client who imports sales orders. Pretty sure they come in via XML.

Some items are serialized and those items always come in as backordered. I get that - I suspect it is because there's no GUI to display the serial selection dialog.
But they want Jiwa to assign any SOH available to the order without serialized stock displaying as backordered.

I know there is a setting e_SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionFIFO but I can't find an XML tag to define that setting - assuming that is the setting I need to define?

For CSV imports the import is all programmable via the file watcher plugin so I can add in e_SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionFIFO into the plugin.
But XML imports via file watcher don't have that level of programmability.

Can anything be done for XML imported orders to auto-assign serialized stock?

The legacy XML for the sales order line has an optional property : SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionType. Set that to e_SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionFIFO or 1 per line to make it use FIFO when importing.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: XML (or CSV) Import - allocate SOH for serialized items

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:45 pm

Oh, and you could also have a plugin change the behaviour on XML import as well - so if you couldn't have the XML provided modified to include the SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionType per line, you could add an event handler for the SalesOrder DeserialiseStart event, and in there add handlers to manipulate the sales order business logic or lines as you need.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: XML (or CSV) Import - allocate SOH for serialized items

Postby DannyC » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:44 pm

The legacy XML for the sales order line has an optional property : SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionType

Almost. Your suggestion gave me a hint...I went to JustDecompile and searched for SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionType.
And what I found was that adding in a tag SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionTypes (note plural) worked.

So this will assign FIFO serial numbers
Code: Select all
<Line>
<SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionTypes>e_SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionFIFO</SalesOrderSerialStockSelectionTypes>
<PartNo>MySN_Item</PartNo>
<QuantityThisDel>2</QuantityThisDel>
</Line>
DannyC
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 30

Return to Technical and or Programming