Application Insights Telemetry (unconfigured) Exception  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Application Insights Telemetry (unconfigured) Exception

Postby sameermoin » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:39 am

Hi Everyone,

I am getting an "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" Exception on the Scheduler service. This is not an occurring specific method and the service is getting crashed.

The complete trace gives me the information:

Code: Select all
Application Insights Telemetry (unconfigured): {"name":"Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.RemoteDependency","time":"2022-10-01T19:27:28.2695175Z","tags":{"ai.internal.sdkVersion":"rddf:2.4.1-1362","ai.internal.nodeName":"admin","ai.operation.id":"qfPPeT8gJy0=","ai.cloud.roleInstance":"admin"},"data":{"baseType":"RemoteDependencyData","baseData":{"ver":2,"name":"ADMIN | JiwaDemo","id":"|qfPPeT8gJy0=.24f2d0e1_","duration":"00:00:00.0150388","success":true,"type":"SQL","target":"ADMIN | JiwaDemo"}}}
sameermoin
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Topics Solved: 1

Re: Application Insights Telemetry (unconfigured) Exception

Postby SBarnes » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:55 am

Based upon the limited information you have provided the only thing I can suggest is the following:

1. Create a new plugin called aaaaaaaaaaaaaa, because plugins load in name order so a name like that should make it the first plugin.
2. In the application plugin setup put a system.diagnostics.debugger.launch statement and a system.diagnostics.debugger.break statement
3. Do likewise in the service start of the scheduled plugin
4. Save and enable the plugin and then start the service.

If the debugger/visual studio gets into memory then in theory when it hits that exception it should jump to the code throwing the exception.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Postby sameermoin » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:56 am

This is the only information that I also have. I can't share the code snippet as this error is not occurring on a specific line.

I didn't understand about creating a new plugin.

Do you want me to test the logic on the newly created plugin? or just create a new plugin and simply put the debugger on the scheduler service?
sameermoin
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby SBarnes » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:14 pm

The new plugin will get the debugger into memory hopefully before the exception is hit, if this occurs then visual studio should jump to whatever code is causing the exception once you tell it to continue, the plugin I described is simply to get visual studio attached to the running process of the scheduled plugin service.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Postby sameermoin » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:54 pm

I am already using the debugger on my actual plugin. When I step over some lines I get this exception.

System.NullReferenceException
  HResult=0x80004003
  Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  Source=Plugin Name
  StackTrace:
   at ScheduledExecutionPlugin.Execute(Plugin Plugin, Schedule Schedule) in c:\ProgramData\Jiwa Financials\Jiwa 7\7.2.1\SYSTEM\ADMIN\JiwaDemo\Plugins\Admin\Compile\Plugin Name\Plugin Name.cs:line 1072
sameermoin
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby SBarnes » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:58 pm

Then post the plugin that has the lines that is causing the exception.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Re: Application Insights Telemetry (unconfigured) Exception  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:54 am

sameermoin wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am getting an "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" Exception on the Scheduler service. This is not an occurring specific method and the service is getting crashed.

The complete trace gives me the information:

Application Insights Telemetry (unconfigured): {"name":"Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.RemoteDependency","time":"2022-10-01T19:27:28.2695175Z","tags":{"ai.internal.sdkVersion":"rddf:2.4.1-1362","ai.internal.nodeName":"admin","ai.operation.id":"qfPPeT8gJy0=","ai.cloud.roleInstance":"admin"},"data":{"baseType":"RemoteDependencyData","baseData":{"ver":2,"name":"ADMIN | JiwaDemo","id":"|qfPPeT8gJy0=.24f2d0e1_","duration":"00:00:00.0150388","success":true,"type":"SQL","target":"ADMIN | JiwaDemo"}}}

I doubt the Application Insights component is the cause of the exception, or if it is, if it is causing any issues - I think it's normal under some circumstances for that to throw exceptions but those are normally simply ignored. You might be seeing reference to this in the event log, but in the complete exception detail you might see another cause.

sameermoin wrote:I am already using the debugger on my actual plugin. When I step over some lines I get this exception.

System.NullReferenceException
  HResult=0x80004003
  Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  Source=Plugin Name
  StackTrace:
   at ScheduledExecutionPlugin.Execute(Plugin Plugin, Schedule Schedule) in c:\ProgramData\Jiwa Financials\Jiwa 7\7.2.1\SYSTEM\ADMIN\JiwaDemo\Plugins\Admin\Compile\Plugin Name\Plugin Name.cs:line 1072

As Stuart said - you'll need to show us what is happening on and around line 1072 of the "Plugin Name" plugin.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby SBarnes » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:02 am

I have been private messaged the code and advised putting a system.diagnostics.debugger.break as the first line in the the offending method and then step the debugger through the lines to find the issue.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Postby sameermoin » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:07 pm

This exception stop execution of the below lines. And I already send you the line no on and also the whole method code that I am calling on that line.

I am trying to send you the screenshot on a private message but I am getting an error that png and jpg are not supported.
sameermoin
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:00 am

sameermoin wrote:This exception stop execution of the below lines. And I already send you the line no on and also the whole method code that I am calling on that line.

I am trying to send you the screenshot on a private message but I am getting an error that png and jpg are not supported.

Well, then we can't help you via forums if it's not a generic question about our frameworks or application that you can publicly share or ask. You should create a ticket on our helpdesk, https://helpdesk.jiwa.com.au and we can service you that way.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Next

Return to Technical and or Programming