REST API Plugin v7.2.1.32 is not working properly  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Re: REST API Plugin v7.2.1.32 is not working properly

Postby sameermoin » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:48 am

Hi Again,

Mike.Sheen wrote:This tells me that the REST API is not reachable on the URL configured in the WebHooksHostURL in the system settings.

I cross checked everything and the settings seem fine. If it is a configuration issue then it should not work on version 27 but the same settings are working on REST API v7.2.1.27.

Regards,

Sameer
sameermoin
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Topics Solved: 1

Postby SBarnes » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:28 am

sameermoin wrote:Hi Again,

Mike.Sheen wrote:This tells me that the REST API is not reachable on the URL configured in the WebHooksHostURL in the system settings.

I cross checked everything and the settings seem fine. If it is a configuration issue then it should not work on version 27 but the same settings are working on REST API v7.2.1.27.

Regards,

Sameer

I don't understand what you are expecting us to do with this, both Mike and I asked you to send a POST request not a GET request to /Webhooks/Events with postman and report back the findings you haven't done that.

Please do so.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Postby sameermoin » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:57 am

Its returning 201 response
postman.jpg
sameermoin
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Topics Solved: 1

Re: REST API Plugin v7.2.1.32 is not working properly  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:02 pm

sameermoin wrote:If it is a configuration issue then it should not work on version 27 but the same settings are working on REST API v7.2.1.27.

That's not entirely true.

Configuration settings critical to webhooks live in the plugin itself. When you import a new version of the plugin, those settings are updated with the values stored in the plugin XML.

I can't tell from any of the information provided what the cause is - the critical piece of information is the WebHooksHostURL - which you have obscured in your screenshots - so I can't be sure what you are sending from Postman is what your API is listening on.

Why don't you set this up on a test environment, where you can use a local network dns name or ip address and it won't matter if we all see what it is.

sameermoin wrote:Its returning 201 response

Can you show me your request headers you provided to the POST to /Webhooks/Events which gave you a 201 response?

UPDATE 10 Feb 2023: I'm marking this as the answer because of this:
mikesheen wrote:When you import a new version of the plugin, those settings are updated with the values stored in the plugin XML

Given all the information at hand and the lack of any further updates by the OP, it seems most likely that this was the problem. We've added improvement DEV-9339 to alert the user when importing plugins if they have system settings and the current values differ from the import values and offer a dialog to let the user select which setting values to keep.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Previous

Return to Technical and or Programming