Jiwa 7 WordPress Woocommerce Integration  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Jiwa 7 WordPress Woocommerce Integration

Postby Asad177 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:31 am

Hello! can we integrate jiwa 7 with wordpress wocommerce website?
Asad177
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Jiwa 7 WordPress Woocommerce Integration

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:44 pm

Topic moved from the Jiwa 6 3rd party product forum to the Jiwa 7 technical forum.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:49 pm

Asad177 wrote:Hello! can we integrate jiwa 7 with wordpress wocommerce website?

Jiwa 7 has a REST API which should have all the operations needed to enable orders placed in a Woocommerce store to flow through to the Jiwa system.

It will take a lot of effort extracting from whoever is asking for this the detail of what they want. I'm willing to bet they don't know at this point what they want, so it's going to be a process working out what it is they want.

Good luck.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: Jiwa 7 WordPress Woocommerce Integration  Topic is solved

Postby pricerc » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:23 pm

We have done a basic integration with WooCommerce that uses the Jiwa REST API and the Wordpress/WooCommerce API.

It allows for inventory (partno, description, image, categories) to be uploaded to WooCommerce and for SalesOrders to come the other way to a "web orders" 'cash-sales' account.

So yes, it can be done.

But as Mike said, any integration will be unique for the customer in question, and the first step will getting all their requirements.

edit to add:
The biggest challenge we had was mapping WooCommerce's 'categories' and 'tags', neither of which have an accurate analog in Jiwa. Primarily because the WooCommerce categories are hierarchical, but Jiwa's aren't.

In the end, we ended up using the Jiwa classification and categories values as WooCommerce 'tags', and a formula based on the classification and top 3 categories for the WooCommerce 'classification'.

If you're coding with .NET, there is a WooCommerce Nuget package you'll want to get.
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
https://aerp.co.nz
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 20

Postby SBarnes » Mon May 01, 2023 9:38 am

Mike.Sheen wrote:It will take a lot of effort extracting from whoever is asking for this the detail of what they want. I'm willing to bet they don't know at this point what they want, so it's going to be a process working out what it is they want.

I would agree with Mike's assessment and also with the points that Ryan has raised technically due to Jiwa's framework and the api that WooCommerce and WordPress support it's technically possible but just saying integration is a bit like saying the sky is blue, having done a number of integrations with WooCommerce, Sales Force, Magento and a number of systems my advice would be to come up with a requirements document first that is going to define the interactions between the two systems and then map what data is going to go where even down to the field level.

You may need to add extra fields and even possibly tables to Jiwa and even custom fields and extra tables into WooCommerce to meet the requirements and both of these are possible, but the big one to handle with any shopping cart system integrated to Jiwa is how you are going to handle pricing as Jiwa has a fairly complex set of pricing rules that WooCommerce doesn't understand but this should be able to be worked out as part of the requirements.

In addition to this I would suggest seeing Jiwa as the master source of data and then you need to decide whether you are approaching this from a push model(Jiwa pushes the data to WooCommerce) or pull model(WooCommerce is pulling the data from Jiwa) or a combination of both.

Also bear in mind both systems support Web hooks so it it possible to have one system notify the other of an event occurring.

At the end of the day this is going to require a fair amount of detailed analysis even before you begin and it will involve a reasonable amount of custom programming to get it up and running where someone has a decent knowledge about both systems.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Return to Technical and or Programming