Unit of Measure pricing  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Unit of Measure pricing

Postby JuiceyBrucey » Sat May 06, 2023 11:17 am

Hi,
I need to have varying pricing for the various weights of each inventory item. I cannot find how to do this.
My client has for example an item:
Bobs Dog food 2.5kg - $5
Bobs Dog food 3kg - $10
Bobs Dog food 10kg - $30

I really need them to be arranged similar to this by using the weight as the key to the price and stored in the IN_UnitOfMeasure table or some other table that can be joined with it:
Bobs Dog Food = [
2.5kg = $5,
3kg = $10,
10kg = $30
]

I can add the various units of measure no problem for each item, but it does not allow for varying prices for those units.
Is there any way of doing this that can be added, modified and extracted programmatically?
Thank you
JuiceyBrucey
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 1

Re: Unit of Measure pricing

Postby SBarnes » Sat May 06, 2023 3:27 pm

What you are describing is petty much a quantity break, under the price tab on inventory go to debtor classification you can create quantity breaks in there and leave the classification blank and I am pretty sure they act as overall quantity breaks worked out of the base unit
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Postby JuiceyBrucey » Sat May 06, 2023 6:31 pm

As far as the normal pricing, just using pricing classification, is this how it should be set up?
debtor example.gif
example of pricing classification

If yes, what table is this stored in?
JuiceyBrucey
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby SBarnes » Sun May 07, 2023 11:40 am

I believe it would be IN_DebtorClassificationSpecificPrice
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Postby JuiceyBrucey » Mon May 08, 2023 9:20 am

Thank you for your reply.
I have used this and it works. I have entered it manually using the JIWA interface. I have found the data in the IN_DebtorClassificationSpecificPrice table as suggested.
I can create a plugin to extract this data and once other issues are solved, a plugin to insert it as well.
I have set it up exactly as in the image provided above.
The problem now is that my client will need to select that pricing when they are creating a new order manually. I have not been able to find how to do this so far.
Can you point me in the right direction?
Thank you.
Cheers
JuiceyBrucey
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon May 08, 2023 10:57 am

JuiceyBrucey wrote:The problem now is that my client will need to select that pricing when they are creating a new order manually. I have not been able to find how to do this so far.
Can you point me in the right direction?

A price scheme is what controls which prices are considered when selling an item.

As you've set up Debtor Classification prices, you need to have a price scheme which includes the debtor classification prices - perhaps as the only or the top priority price, and then as long as the debtors have the right debtor classification attached to them, when you sell the item to those debtors it will automatically set the price.

Look for the Price Scheme Maintenance form under the sales -> Configuration menu.

The topics you are covering now are moving into policy decisions on how things are to work for your customer. You should be getting the customers Jiwa Solution Provider involved with such decisions as they need to be across any such changes because it may conflict with existing policies. You're also asking questions which are general Jiwa application support / training type questions which are not within the scope of this forum.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: Unit of Measure pricing  Topic is solved

Postby SBarnes » Mon May 08, 2023 11:14 am

Mike.Sheen wrote:
A price scheme is what controls which prices are considered when selling an item.

As you've set up Debtor Classification prices, you need to have a price scheme which includes the debtor classification prices - perhaps as the only or the top priority price, and then as long as the debtors have the right debtor classification attached to them, when you sell the item to those debtors it will automatically set the price.

Look for the Price Scheme Maintenance form under the sales -> Configuration menu.

I agree with Mike you can possibly create a custom route that uses a price scheme to get you the answer

Mike.Sheen wrote:
The topics you are covering now are moving into policy decisions on how things are to work for your customer. You should be getting the customers Jiwa Solution Provider involved with such decisions as they need to be across any such changes because it may conflict with existing policies. You're also asking questions which are general Jiwa application support / training type questions which are not within the scope of this forum.

I would also agree here you are getting into a very tricky area namely pricing where Jiwa has a complex set of pricing rules that could come into play and calling any sort of route that is going to calculate prices on the fly has to be considered from a performance point of view as well as getting the correct answer.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Postby JuiceyBrucey » Mon May 15, 2023 3:18 pm

After doing some reading and experimentation I have decided to do this another way by using my CMS to do the sorting of selected inventory weights instead.
It does not seem practical to use the structure that I wanted to use in JIWA. Too complex for admin staff at the other end, so it will fall down at some point.
Thank you all for your replies on this topic.
Cheers
JuiceyBrucey
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Technical and or Programming