Units of Measure  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Units of Measure

Postby aegean66 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:45 pm

This is new in version 7, but no documentation.

I need to buy and receive (sometimes sell) 25kg bags, but use it in manufactring per kg?
aegean66
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Topics Solved: 2

Re: Units of Measure  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:03 am

aegean66 wrote:This is new in version 7, but no documentation.

I need to buy and receive (sometimes sell) 25kg bags, but use it in manufactring per kg?

These forums are more for technical and programming type questions - your question is more general application support. We support our application via the helpdesk.

But, to get you started - you want to be looking at the Unit of Measure tab of the Inventory Maintenance form.
Inventory_Maintenance_UOM.png

In there you define the Units of Measures, the base unit, and if you buy and/or sell the UOM.

On the Supplier tab, you can specify per supplier warehouse the default UOM so that it defaults to that when you create a PO for that item for that supplier
Inventory_Maintenance_Supplier.png

On the PO, when you add an item with UOM's, it will set the UOM to be the default for the supplier if you set that, but you can still change it.
Purchase_Order.png

From there the rest should be natural to work out - the GRN and Work Orders should be self explanatory - if not... consult the helpdesk.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Technical and or Programming